M9 might be dead. What can replace it?

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by musicmand, Sep 28, 2017.

1. musicmand

musicmand Senior Member

After 8 years, I have a switch that's gone bad on my M9, and it looks like it might cost more than it's worth to replace (won't know for sure until I can get it in the shop, but that will cost me bench fee no matter what). It probably won't be much to repair the one, but I assume that if one has gone, the rest can't be far behind.

I REALLY like what it does - delays, trem, phase, reverb, and man, that Particle Verb... I use the expression pedals constantly to tweak with my foot. When I bought mine in 2009, they were $400. These days it looks like they go for $250 new, so I could certainly just buy another one if it looks like the repair will go over a couple hundred.

But I always like to look for some sort of "upgrade" ... Is there anything out there with the same (or smaller) form factor, uses expression pedals, and is somehow "better" than the M9?

2. Bobby Mahogany

Bobby Mahogany Senior Member

Personally I would go for the HD500X.
    It's bigger but it brings a whole lot more.
    Live, Studio, Computer. Good all over.

3. musicmand

musicmand Senior Member

Makes sense, but I forgot to mention what I use it for - it's the last in a pedal chain that is pretty significant. I really like the size and function. I've toyed with the idea of replacing all of it with a Helix, but I'm not convinced yet.

IMG_20161221_233940311.jpg

Bobby Mahogany likes this.
  4. Bobby Mahogany

Bobby Mahogany Senior Member

That's a whole different story then.
    Just replace the M9 and don't look back.
    Maybe...
    :fingersx: