Luthier/Tech List

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Sinmastah, May 29, 2008.

1. 92Standard

92Standard Senior Member

Anyone in or around Charlotte North Carolina?

2. fastdave

fastdave Senior Member

Do you have a workshop / depo in Scotland?

Kidding.
    Dave

3. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Member

In Northern Va, I'm in Haymarket, someone around Haymarket, Leesburg, Manassas, Warrenton, Ashburn, etc, need a nut, maybe saddles or fret work.
    Thanks

4. soundeluxe

soundeluxe Junior Member

Hey Guys,
    Just wanted to update my contact information. I've changed the name of the business and no longer have the same email address or website. My new email address is yogaphish@yahoo.com. I've moved my website to Jeff Perkins Studio . My phone number is still the same though, 479-225-6971. If anyone in the NWA area needs repair work done, contact me at the new contact info.

Jeff

5. DGNRepair

DGNRepair MLP Vendor

Please add me to the list as well.

DGN Custom Guitars - Fairfield CT | 203-292-5821 dan (at) dgncustomguitars (dot) com

1 hour from NYC.

Repair and Restoration of New and Vintage Stringed Instruments. Everything from Guitar Bass Banjo Mandolin to Violins Double Basses etc.

Setups, Electronics, Crack Repair, Seam separations, Fretwork, Custom Guitar Work

Full pricing on my website. PM or Email for more info.

Thanks Dan

6. onusx

onusx Junior Member

Just wanted to add my name to the list in the Portland, OR area-- I'm happy to say there are a number of really excellent repair people here, and an incredible luthiery community in general! We also have fantastic tube and SS amp repair departments, custom cabinets, speaker reconing, synth and EP repair, pedal repair and mods, custom cables, and between the 4 of us, can probably tackle any project. Only problem is we tend to be so busy we can sometimes take a while...

Brian Watson
    Sick String Guitar Repair/Portland Custom Shop
    1115 SE Morrison St.
    Portland, OR 97214
    503-227-9260
    Portland Custom Shop

7. bsm9981

bsm9981 Senior Member

Anyone in North Alabama recommended?

8. Hebbamundo

Hebbamundo Senior Member

Anyone in the UK?

o0sanity0o likes this.
  9. btprice2001

btprice2001 Junior Member

From what I can gather, it looks like Roman has left Los Angeles. Is this true, is he up around Shasta now? Is there anyone else recommended in the L.A area?

10. TM1

TM1 Senior Member

L.A. Area: Toneman, Inc.-Don Butler: ***Toneman*** Don Butler
    I've been fixing & upgrading Vox, Marshall, Fenders for the last 20 years. I basically started up-grading Vox AC-30's, AC-15's back in the early `90's when the first came out. Also mod all the reissue Marshalls for the same amount of time and turn the so-called "reissue" Fender's into what they should be.
    I also work on Vintage Marshall, Vox, Fender, Selmer, Hi-Watt, Sound City, WEM's/Watkins, etc.
    Guitars: setup's, upgrades, refrets, fret-dress, etc. Historic Makeovers Inlays installed as well as upgrades to eletronics and bridge's, Stoptail's, etc. Just about everything except refinishing. I mod/upgrade Vox/Dunlop Wah's, Vox Valve-Tone's, TS-9's, Etc.
    I've done work for Robin Trower, John Fogerty, Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes, Daniel Lanois, etc, etc...Customers have shipped me amps & guitars from all over the U.S. and a few from Europe.
    I also stock & sell Pyramid Strings! Almost all strings orders ship the same day or first thing the next day.
    Thanks!!

11. Lefty Adams

Lefty Adams Senior Member

Anyone got a UK list?

1 person likes this.
  12. BWGuitars

BWGuitars Senior Member

Since everyone's throwing their links out there, I figured I'd join in :p

Black Water Guitar Company
    I run a small, one-man custom shop in the Hill Country of Texas (about 45 min. west of Austin). I do full-on custom work, as well as a handful of semi-custom models. Check out the site!

Website | Facebook

1 person likes this.
  13. HarleyJohansson

HarleyJohansson Senior Member

Any more good luthier suggestions in southeastern MI?

Has anyone had their guitar done by Tom Pellerito near Ypsilanti, MI?

14. edhalen

edhalen Senior Member

Nobody in the Chicago area?

15. BBLong

BBLong Senior Member

Don't know if it's possible, but I'd like to be added to the list. I've been working on guitars for about 25+ years, in shops, contracting for shops, and now independently. For the past 12 years or so I have worked on guitars for just a few collectors who have huge collections of vintage pieces, and both convinced me to go public since we couldn't find anyone south of San Antonio to do refrets. So I started a business up. I just began building a website (theguitarsurgeon.com) and am now on facebook. Until I get my photo album on my website set up you can see pics on facebook (you can find me as Bob Long or look for theguitarsurgeon).

Thanks, if you can do it. I am trying to get all my testimonials and pictures together for my website.

Bob

16. soundeluxe

soundeluxe Junior Member

17. rsrd

rsrd Senior Member

18. Jdyer00

Jdyer00 Junior Member

anybody in central florida ?

19. Comanche

Comanche Senior Member

I pulled a chassis out of one of my amps and brought it to Hunt Amplification in Phoenix Arizona.

HUNT AMPLIFICATION | Guitar Amp Repair | Phoenix, Arizona

One of the capacitors was burned up. He looked in the chassis and handed me the capacitor I needed plus a spare. I wanted to pay him but he would not take the money.
    He took a real close look at it and recommend a few things and suggested I change the plug to a three prong.
    If I need Amp work I'm going back there.

20. yawny

yawny Senior Member

I know it was asked earlier, but does anyone know a good tech in the Cincinnati/SW Ohio/N. Kentucky area? I live up near Akron and Pitt and knew of some good shops up there, but i'm down in Cinci for school and need to get a little work done on my Tele.