Luthier/tech in the UK

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by danlp94, Jan 16, 2010.

1. danlp94

danlp94 Member

Hi MPLers

i already tried posting pretty much the same as this in the epiphone forum, but didnt get any feedback so far, so i figured this would be a better place to try.

so anyways, my epi. lp deserves to be in proper playing condition, so i have decided to get it set up by a professional

could anyone recommend a good tech/luthier/person who'll do a good job on my axe within reasonable distance of Hillingdon, in West london (where i live)

thanks for any help :thumb::thumb:

single cut 54 likes this.
  2. Gyroman

Gyroman Senior Member

I don't know if this is any help to you as I have no personal experience of any of them, but there is a list of some UK luthiers here: Luthier Directory, guitar makers, musical instrument makers directory by Tonetech

If there is anyone out there who could personally recommend a luthier in the Aylesbury or surrounding areas, including London, I also would be grateful to hear about it. I'd hate to leave my guitars in the hands of a butcher!

3. Rhubarb Red

Rhubarb Red Senior Member

Charlie Chandler in Kingston/Hampton Wick. Not only is he relatively near you, he's also very good.

Home - Charlie Chandler's Guitar Experience

Not cheap but, as a friend of mine has recently discovered getting his maple board Strat refretted by a hack, buy cheap and you buy twice.

4. Jim_D

Jim_D Member

5. Gyroman

Gyroman Senior Member

Thanks Jim, I'd forgotten about him. His website doesn't give a lot of info, but I've rattled off an email and will see how I get on.

6. yngvai

yngvai Member

7. danlp94

danlp94 Member

Thanks for all the info poeples :):)

8. Shuggie101

Shuggie101 Junior Member

I'll also recommend Charlie Chandler's. The guy who runs the tech workshop is called Paul Herman and he's bloody fantastic IMHO.