Lp custom ebony/chrome or Lp standard bourbon burst hp

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by Hellzprince1, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Hellzprince1

Hellzprince1 Junior Member

2. StingyCH

StingyCH The Bearded Baron Premium Member

You can have those heavy sounds with both guitars, as long as you use lots of high gain and mids scooped. The Custom comes with 490/498 which are higher in output but you need to setup your EQ very well or (especially in the neck pickup) you get easily into muddy. For the cleans they work both well, with more flexibility on the HP due to its electronics.

This is just my 0,02 :D

P.S..i think you posted this in the wrong section..this should be placed in the Gibson Les Pauls.

:wave:

3. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

If you don´t know the answer to that question, you probably shouldn´t spend that much money. (No offense)

Clean tones...what Kind of clean tones? You can play clean with every guitar, but they all sound different.

For Metallica tones you´ll need EMG´s, the rest doesn´t matter very much:D.
    Get some ESP Eclispe if you want a Les Paul shape and you´re good to go.

4. Hellzprince1

Hellzprince1 Junior Member

The reason I ask is because no one has a les paul custom in my area for me to try and play. have only played the standard. Also I have always wanted a les paul. I can always get an ESP later.

5. ARandall

ARandall Senior Member

The pickup will determine a lot of the tone.....which the Custom as stock wins in.
    The custom is also black - a more metal colour (if that matters).

6. timgman

timgman Senior Member

Les Paul customs with ebony boards have a nice clarity with their stock neck pickups that standards did not enjoy back when they had that combo...

7. T00DEEPBLUE

T00DEEPBLUE Senior Member

If you need to ask that question, then you shouldn't be spending that amount of money on a guitar.

You can play metal on almost any guitar. The vast majority of a guitar's tone comes from the amp and the cabinet. Along with any effects pedals you might also have.

If you like how LP Standards feel, then you're likely to enjoy a Custom too.