LOWEST Orange prices on the web... GUARANTEED

Discussion in 'Sponsor Classifieds' started by brettk7, Nov 18, 2011.

1. brettk7

brettk7 MLP Sponsor

It was brought to my attention that another shop has Orange prices listed on the web for drastically lower than MAP prices...

I just want to make it known that we will beat them. Even if it requires us taking a hit on something, we will not be undersold. Contact me with any questions.

All prices come with free freight to the continental United States. We DO ship international, contact me for a quote! :)

Rockerverb 50 MKII- $1,750
    Rockerverb 100 MKII- $1,900
    Thunderverb 50- $1,800
    Thunder 30- $850
    Dark Terror- $500

Most of these are in stock and will ship the same day you order (via UPS with full insurance and signature required).

I don't want to list EVERYTHING from the Orange catalog, but you get the idea of what I am going after. These prices are for MLP members exclusively, so take advantage of it! Get what you really want.

Cheers
    -bk
    brett@eddiesguitars.com

cooljuk, cheetah77, Gtarzan81 and 3 others like this.
  2. iamjoe

iamjoe Senior Member

I think I see a TH30 in my future.....very near future :applause:

3. brettk7

brettk7 MLP Sponsor

I like your style!

As soon as we got off the phone about your R8, the big brown truck dropped off some more TH30s. They are in stock and ready to go (everything is atm).

...Your gonna have to redo that signature shot btw!

4. iamjoe

iamjoe Senior Member

I was just going to call you about an eta on the TH30.

I will reshoot my sig as soon as my R8 is in my hands!

5. Readyaimfire

Readyaimfire Junior Member

Just played a th30 yesterday. Amazing! Everyone should have one at this price!

6. brettk7

brettk7 MLP Sponsor

In stock! How is that for an ETA ;)

Looking forward to the call.

They are very cool for the money! Any rock player would enjoy that amp.

7. Tominho

Tominho Member

Email sent. Interested in the TH30.

8. brettk7

brettk7 MLP Sponsor

E-mail replied! :)

9. IndySouthPaw

IndySouthPaw Senior Member

What do you really think about the handwired Tiny Terror opposed to the standard one? Is it worth the money and what would you sell it for? Thanks!

10. brettk7

brettk7 MLP Sponsor

Eh, it is cool, but IMHO, I would rather spend the extra bucks and just get a better Orange amp. I can't say that we have had more than a handful of those in ever either. Not a lot of requests for them.

11. lanelec

lanelec Junior Member

what cab would you use with rockerverb 50

12. brettk7

brettk7 MLP Sponsor

Honestly, I have used my old Rockerverb 50 with many cabs. Pretty much everything from Orange, as well as some old Marshall cabs that my friends had at the time. As much as people like to hate on Vintage-30s on the internet, bar-none, most of the Orange heads greatly benefit from a V30-4x12 or 2x12. I am partial to the PPC4x12 myself, but if that is too big for what you want, the PPC2x12 is also awesome.

That being said, I have also used the Orange PPC1x12 cab as well, and that was great for low-volume playing. Loudly, they can get kind of boxy. But, I don't really think those were built with the intentions of having higher-wattage heads being played through them.

I would also highly recommend the Dr.Z Z-Best 2x12. I would almost say that this is probably my favorite 2x12 cab. From me, or anybody else they sell for around $800. These are loaded with a G12H-30 and a Vintage-30. I know that is contradicting to my previous statement to an extent, but those cabs just rule and that speaker combo is fantastic with anything. Very versatile, also cool because they have the ability to sit upright and the Orange heads will fit on them that way (although, slightly hanging over the side).

13. lanelec

lanelec Junior Member

thanks for the reply I would like to talk to you about the TH30 the more I think about it I believe this amp would be better for me are the cleans as nice as they are on the rockerverb

14. lanelec

lanelec Junior Member

Brett just shot you an Email

15. Frails

Frails Senior Member

Just want to chime in on cabs for the Oranges. A Mesa Rectifier cab (in my case 2x12) was absolutely GLORIOUS with the TT, Rocker 30 and both versions of the RV50 I owned. Speakers were Hellatone 60L's and then Reeves Vintage Purples. I don't know why the Hellatone's sounded so much better than the stock V30's but they did. Like two different speakers different.

16. brettk7

brettk7 MLP Sponsor

Definitely. Call me weird, but I really, really like the clean channel of the TH30. It's very warm and crisp. Plus, with the power-scaling you can really crank it up into some awesome over-drive. It is very reminiscent of one of my favorite Oranges, the AD140, when it is used like that. Although, quite a bit quieter than the ear-piercing 140-watt beat-down that amp delivered.

At this point in time, that is probably the most under-rated amp of the century for its price point.

Right on, I will check it and reply shortly.

A good buddy of mine from a band called Machree plays a Rockerverb 50 MKI with a Mesa Recto 4x12 and I've always enjoyed his tone/playing when I have shared the stage with them. The other guitar player uses a Plexi-clone that a local guy built with some pedals. Lots of cool, old-school Marshall/Orange-esque tones on their records. If your into post-rock/post-hardcore stuff.

Stupid as it sounds, the stock V30s that you had in the cab probably never got a chance to break in. That is their biggest downfall, IMHO, as it took a very long time to get my PPC4x12 to that point (lots of loud shows and even louder band practices). It would be hard to put an approximation on the hours it required, but it was a lot to say the least. But, once it did, it was a night and day difference from when I bought it new. At that point, I would say the Vintage-30s would probably hold their own a lot better.

17. Frails

Frails Senior Member

Well that must be it then because I think that's all Avatar does to em is break them in. All I know is stock I couldn't stand them whereas the Hellatone 60L's were sweet.

18. brettk7

brettk7 MLP Sponsor

I think that is a bit of an over-shot, but to each his own. I hear a lot of Bad Cat, Divided by 13, Bogner, and other high-end/boutique amps with those speakers stock and definitely don't have a problem with that. Even when they aren't broken in, they don't sound 'bad' they just sound much better once they are. Understandably, not everybody is going to want to put in the hours (or even realize they need to) to get the most of the cab.

To each his own though. As much as people like to hate on the Vintage-30s on the internet, there are probably millions of professional, semi-pros, recording studios and even some home players that love the V30. I can't wait to be able to record clips of my JCM800/PPC4x12 rig in the Spring. I know I gush about that amp a lot sometimes (as anybody can do), but there is really something about that combination that just kicks serious ass.

19. Leendrix

Leendrix The Cheeky One V.I.P. Member

If I found a used Rockerverb 100 for $100, could you do $90? :laugh2:

I'm messing, Brett. I dream of having a sweet, sweet, Orange.

20. brettk7

brettk7 MLP Sponsor

If you found a Rockerverb 100 for $100 and asked me about it before you purchased, it would probably be sold to ME before you knew it.

But, in any case, I will always do what I can to help people out. Within reason!