LOW PRICED CME 58-59-63 ES 335 VOS Floor models. New shipment coming

Discussion in 'Other Gibsons' started by tonemonster58, Nov 3, 2017.

1. johnnytuinals

johnnytuinals Senior Member

2. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

Guhhhh...they have 58's and 59's again. :Ohno:

My 335 and ES LP are both excellent guitars, but this temptation is a bitch. :eek2:

Pappy58 likes this.
  3. Pappy58

Pappy58 Senior Member

Yeah I'm about to cave..... GAS is winning o_O

mdubya likes this.
  4. johnnytuinals

johnnytuinals Senior Member

I would cave in buying another ES335 Figured Natural from CME.But I have over 20 NEW Gibson and Fenders that I don't play not counting all my vintage stuff....But I like playing my New ES335 with the thicker neck but then again I only have used it for less then 10 mins lol........JT

mdubya likes this.
  5. THDNUT

THDNUT Senior Member

No money, no gas. :thumb:

Duane_the_tub and mdubya like this.
  6. captainbraindamage

captainbraindamage V.I.P. Member

Damn this thread. I need another guitar about as much as I need another guitar.

7. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

Playing my current 335 quite a bit last night temporarily saved pain to my bank account. I can't swear that I won't make them a crazy offer in a moment of weakness, though. :oops:

Pappy58 likes this.
  8. budg

budg Senior Member

Ha , I have been doing the exact same thing. Always wanted a 335 in natural, but I have a cherry that is crazy good. I just cant spend the money right now and probably will kick myself , but once it passes I will be glad i didnt buy one.

mdubya likes this.
  9. rclausen

rclausen Senior Member

I finally had a chance to plug my new ‘58 in. It sounds great, nice surprise with the pickups. The pots have a decent taper taper as well. The guitar is pretty lively and is easy to work the feedback. I love feeling the body vibrate and give up the goods. The neck is nice and beefy but with nicely rolled shoulders, substantial but manageable. Nice weight at 8.2lbs. I’m extremely happy with this purchase and it helps to ease the pain of letting my other 335 go.

mdubya likes this.
  10. Gibson4NJ

Gibson4NJ Member

Guys. I have a problem.
    [​IMG]

pillbug and mdubya like this.
  11. notabot

notabot Junior Member

What??? Your couch and gits are about to be inundated by a sunami???

Gibson4NJ likes this.
  12. rclausen

rclausen Senior Member

Need a bigger couch?

Gibson4NJ likes this.
  13. zumzool

zumzool Junior Member

Keep the ES-LP and the red one....

Gibson4NJ likes this.
  14. Breezin

Breezin Senior Member

I know how you feel, I bought 3 too.

Gibson4NJ and mdubya like this.
  15. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

I haven't bought any more of these...yet. :Ohno:

The way I have been going this year, I am going to need a sublegal source of income.

16. afireinside

afireinside Senior Member

Ok so more turquoise came in. My first one was very blah grain wise but sounded amazing. The sunset burst i sent back was just too dark sounding. So i ordered 1 more turquoise to hopefully get better figuring and i did. And sounds and olays the same as the first. Sold that one locally today

Attached Files:

mdubya likes this.
  17. tonemonster58

tonemonster58 Senior Member

Gotta agree with you there. The 58/59 true historics from Memphis are freaking amazing. Attention to details and materials are top notch. I got a 59 in Figured Natural. While it was outstanding out of the box and I could have been quite happy with it as is, I have a set of real deal 59 PAF's that were in my LP that I pulled to put in this to see what it could be. At the same time I pulled the wiring harness to have a look. Just an FYI it is not wired 50's style! Not sure what was going on there but I tested the pots (which were well matched) and removed the reissue bees and replaced them with the Angela Copper Foil .022's in a 50's configuration. When it was put back together it was on a whole new level.

Suffice it to say in my 40 years of playing I have NEVER experienced a guitar that was more responsive and expressive as what this transformed into. It was nothing short of magical. It effortlessly submitted to my every whim and produced sounds and tone like I've heard before but have never been able to personally achieve.

I have always known that my PAF's were excellent but they did not sound like this in the LP and the tone caps and pots provide the proper throttle to make it all come to life. I have had the pleasure of playing some fine vintage guitars and I must say this will equal or exceed any one of them. I never thought it was in the cards for me to actually own such a gem but the day is finally here. My search truley is over, but unfortunately my chronic gas is a lifetime ailment...

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 6:59 PM
    rclausen and mdubya like this.
  18. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

^^^^ When Memphis gets is right, they knock it outta the park. They don't do it every time, but when they do...

My 330 (which is almost certainly Memphis built-though I am still uncertain) is unbelievably good and you would have to be a real vintage expert to know that it is a reissue (aside from 50 odd years of aging).

Even my standard ES 335 Dot reissue (not Historic or Custom Shop) is a very, very nice guitar; not at all far off from the 330. I played it for hours last night after looking at the '58 and '59 RI's on the CME blowout sale for too long.

tonemonster58 likes this.
  19. tonemonster58

tonemonster58 Senior Member

You would NEVER regret pulling the trigger on one of those Historics mdubya. They are on a whole different level. Mine weighed in at a little over 7 lbs. ! Feels like a vibrator in my hands. BTW They are all from 2016

rclausen and mdubya like this.
  20. rclausen

rclausen Senior Member

7lbs? Dang that's a featherweight