looking for proxy seller

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by duff, Oct 17, 2017.

1. duff

duff Senior Member

anyone know of a good proxy service in japan? Need something from digimart but they don't ship internationally..
    thanks

2. currypowder

currypowder Senior Member

I've used From Japan quite a bit with no issues. They pack well and the fees are reasonable, in my opinion. You have to use a credit card or PayPal to make a deposit to bid on any auction. Some users don't like that feature, though I've had no issues with it.

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/

3. free713

free713 Senior Member

Ive used Rinkya for around 70 guitars. No issues and they pack really really well. A bit more expensive than fromjapan but worth it imo. They take paypal and creditcard but also TransferWise which will save you some money. Use this invitelink and your first purchase will be sans commission (save about 40 us dollars) https://www.rinkya.com/en/signup/basic?referrer=16150

4. duff

duff Senior Member

sorry. I should have phrased my question better.
    I have used rinkya, from japan and buyee, but as far as i know they don't contact every store out there in japan,
    just the one listed on their site and the auction pages. Now i want to buy something from a small japenese shop that doesnt ship to europe,
    doesn't reply to my emails and they probably dont want to speak english.
    So i was looking for a service/person that wants to act as a middleman in japan..
    all sorted right now. thanks!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  5. free713

free713 Senior Member

But Rinkya will act as a proxy for Digimart. Some of my keepers are bought from Digimart through Rinkya. You just use the create store order function. All they need is a link to the guitar - couldnt be easier!

6. currypowder

I've used FromJapan to purchase directly from a store not listed on their site. As long as you have a link, you can use their shopping service. I just pasted the link of what I wanted to purchase into their search box and it navigated me from there.

7. Kostas.

Kostas. Senior Member

Can you explain how it works? For example, I make a deposit from my Paypal account. I decide the amount of money or the site? If I don't win the auction, they return the money?

8. currypowder

I always use a credit card, so I don't know what the procedure is for PayPal. But with the credit card, I make a deposit for the amount I want to bid or pay. I can see where it hits my credit card as a pending charge. If I don't win the auction, it never moves from a pending charge to an actual charge that appears on my bill. If I win the auction for a lesser amount, FJ will close the deposit and my credit card will be charged for the amount used. If the entire deposit is used for purchase, the entire deposit amount eventually moves to an actual charge. I've never had any issues, though it can get a little confusing reconciling everything.

One other note, I personally would not use FJ to purchase any guitar with rosewood in it. They bought one for me, received it, then initially refused to send it to me due to the rosewood and CITES. I eventually got the guitar, but it was a huge PITA.

9. Kostas.

Kostas. Senior Member

Thanks for the explanation. I have another question about shipping. I put the weight & dimensions for calculation and I saw several options with different companies. If I win an auction the site will let me decide or they will choose one?

10. currypowder

They'll let you choose once they get it packed up and ready.

11. Satellitedog

Satellitedog Senior Member

FJ's Paypal deposit is refunded after a set amount of time. I always deposit a slightly higher amount than necessary to leave room for currency exchange fluctuations, and I think after 3 days they relocate the remaining deposit to one's PP account.