Looking at Buying/Restoring 1968 ES335 Shipping ledger?

Discussion in 'Other Gibsons' started by Luke Duke, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Luke Duke

Luke Duke Member

The guitar is a bit of a basket case. The previous owner used Krylon over the factory finish...and it appears to have a blue hue. So I'm wondering if it was Pelham Blue originally. I was hoping that maybe somebody had the page with the 51614x and maybe I could see if it said the original color and if it was designated a TD, TDC, etc. since the orange sticker is gone too. It's got the 1 9/16s nut, pre-T-top patent # pickups, no-wire chrome ABR-1, double ring/double line klusons with the spruce strips in the bottom of the body.

Thanks in advance!

Luke

2. Sharky

Sharky Senior Member

Take a good picture of the guitar and the serial number and send it to the Gibson customer service service@gibson.com and kindly ask for a scan of the ledger page in question.

I did that with my 1961 ES-335 and they answered within 2 days

3. Luke Duke

Luke Duke Member

Thanks!

4. Luke Duke

Luke Duke Member

Well, I struck out. Gibson said that the documents had been archived and there was no way to get a copy.

5. wmachine

wmachine Senior Member

I know
    OKGuitar is big on 345s, maybe he can help you with your 335.

6. Sharky

Sharky Senior Member

same situation when I asked them for help. They answered that somebody has to search the archives and they'll get back to me as soon as they found the time to look for the ledgers. Perfectly fine with me and I was more than surprised that they answered so fast.

This is what they sent me back in 2012. Might be a different situation today.

ledger.JPG