Long Great Day at Chris Cornell

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by WBPickups, Jul 11, 2007.

1. WBPickups

WBPickups Guest

It was a long great day and night at the Chris Cornell show (Warfield, San Francisco). Met up with them early at sound check. It was cool hearing Pete Thorn rocking the 67-07's. The whole band rocked. Super tight, awesome sound. Just great guys. Took care of us beyond belief. I recorded a bunch of video snips for youtube. But I have to go to bed. I need get back to winding in 5 hours...

Real quick through. Juliette & The Licks (Juliette Lewis, the actress) kicked butt to. What a great live show they put on. The whole band kick butt and was a blast to hang with.. No egos, great people..

Pete Thorn
    [​IMG]
    Myself with Pete
    [​IMG]
    With Chris ( His voice was perfect tonight )
    [​IMG]
    With Kendel, Juliette & Jason
    [​IMG]

2. johnreardon

johnreardon Senior Member

What's up with Juliette's eyes? Looks like she has been punched :shock:

3. Gavin Morse

Gavin Morse Senior Member

That's great man. I've known Paul for a long time,a real nice guy and a heck of a musician.

4. WBPickups

WBPickups Guest

Great guys! It was one awesome show last night. Perfect start to finish. Anybody get a chance to go this tour... Do it, you won't be sorry.

5. Big Mike

Big Mike V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Wondered how the show went..SOMEONE was supposed to call their buddy in Concord to go.....

6. GuitarGal

GuitarGal Senior Member

Glad that you had a great time and thanks for sharing with great pictures~ :wave:

7. Iceman0124

Iceman0124 Senior Member

Soundgarden was a band that had a HUGE impact on me, musically as well as in other ways, I got see Cornell on the eurphoria morning tour and it was an incredible show, and the whole band, including Chris were extremely accessible after the show, and actually seemed to greatly enjoy interacting with the fans, I must admit though, his latest solo offerings do kind of disappoint me, I would still jump at the chance to see him perform live again.:band::jam:

8. GuitarDean

GuitarDean Senior Member

I love J. Lewis and the Licks, lemme tell ya, thats one hard rocking band! WHEW!

9. Ducati

Ducati V.I.P. Member

Congratulations - it must feel incredible to have pros recognize the quality of your work. Good job, big fella! I just hope none of the crew got thrown out of the backstage area :)

10. WBPickups

WBPickups Guest

Oh go this tour... It is the best of Cornell. From early Soundgarden, Temple Of The Dog to his current stuff. And the band is really good. They sound huge! Yogi and Pete are amazing guitar players. Bassist Corey and drummer Jason are freakin' tight. Pete and Yogi are playing a lot of Gibsons from Les Pauls to Explorers... Here a picture Pete sent me over the weekend with his new Explorer. I dig the zebra and nickel look on it.
    [​IMG]

11. GuitarGal

GuitarGal Senior Member

Awesome guitars dude~ :rock:

12. TheMrsWB

TheMrsWB Guest

:mad: I am still angry I couldn't go!

13. WBPickups

WBPickups Guest

She is so cool!