Line6 Helix with Amp and FRFR?

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by CaptainT, Jun 18, 2017.

1. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

Hey guys,

I am planning on getting a Helix (LT) at the end of the year. Now I have a question regarding the possibilities.

I´d like to run a dual setup with a "real" amp (My Fender Bassbreaker) on one side. Some effects of the Helix should run into the front (No FX loop) of this amp.

The 2nd amp would be a full Helix setup with effects+amp+cab sim going into a Line 6 L2M FRFR cab

This should all be in one preset. I don´t want a dual virtual amp setup going into the L2M, but mixing one Hardware amp with one virtual amp+FRFR.

Is this possible?

2. Donal

Donal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Premium Member

Never tried it but I think it should work, you can configure each input and output seperatly and send the signal to one or more outputs.

This a sort of shows whats possible.
    [​IMG]

If no one comes back with a clear answer, I`ll test it on Thursday at band practice. (don`t have my Helix at home).

CaptainT likes this.
  3. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

Thanks a lot. The Helix seems to be awesome. I watched like a hundred videos and everytime I find something new.

Thanks for the chart!

4. tzd

tzd Senior Member

Should be possible, if you split your guitar input into two paths, one path terminating at an Effects Loop block. The Effects Loop Send of that block coming out from the back of the Helix plugs into your Bassbreaker. Effects Loop Return will not be used.

Your connection to the L2m on the other signal path will be thru the L6 LINK port.

CaptainT likes this.
  5. MusicLaw

MusicLaw Senior Member

The helpful USB Routing Chart and more useful information is from Line 6's Helix 2.0 Owner's Manual (Rev D) PDF (available for download on the Line 6 site).

Line 6 revises the Manual only with major (full interger numbered) firmware releases. The Rev D. PDF was released June 2016, and there have been significant feature additions and changes as documented only in the Firmware Release Notes.

The next User Manual is expected with firmware 3.0, so it may be a while, as 2.30 has been mentioned as the next firmware anticipated, at some time after the release (now delayed) of Helix Native Plugin.

As the Helix Owner's Manual PDF is not security restricted, users are able to add Cmments, Highlight Content, and Save such additonal information to their local copies of the PDF! This allows for adding info from the interim firmware releases, if a user so chooses.

CaptainT likes this.