Line 6 XT or X3 Live users.

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by PINKBITS, Sep 7, 2009.

1. DagerOne

DagerOne Senior Member

Have you tried switching the "Guitar In Pad" switch when you're using hotter pickups? I believe that's what it's for.

2. PINKBITS

PINKBITS Senior Member

Yep, didn't like what it did to the tone.

3. River

River Senior Member

:hmm: I didn't think about that being an X3 issue, but as it's the only "amp" I run now... Yes, I prefer the P-90 and the Wizz PAF replicas over the (slightly) higher-output Gibson Humbuckers. You think that might just be an X3 thing?
    Is that feature available on a "Live" unit? I don't see it.

4. PINKBITS

PINKBITS Senior Member

I don't know Riv. I just found that I much preferred the tone of the lower output pickups for everything from clean to metal. Just seemed less compressed and more "real" sounding if that makes any sense.

If you look around the top right hand side of the live Riv you will see a little switch for the guitar pad.

5. ACELUEK

ACELUEK ACE FREHLEY'S BASTARD SON

Here is a recording I did with my X3 Live... 1993 Marshall Cab with Vintage 30 speakers sim.. It has taking me some time to get decent tones and I'm still working on it.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ge3V6Um3cI]YouTube - KISS - "Detroit Rock City" - Alive 2 Version[/ame]

6. River

River Senior Member

I see it, thanks. It's missing from Gearbox (as are a few other things, like the tuner :(). Lemme see what that does...

Sounds the same as lowering the gain on my pre-X3 EQ - lowers both the volume and the drive, and some of the high mids seem to go "poof!". Not for me. Seems to be for really high-output pickups.

I might get a chance to play two of my guitars through a vintage tube amp next week. I'll see if my lower-output preference holds there. I'm betting it will.

7. PINKBITS

PINKBITS Senior Member

In the manual it sais for high output pickups like EMG's.

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Senior Member

I love my X3 Live. I play direct into a 42 track Mackie. I do wish that would have been more organized with how I stored stuff. I'd like to go back and start off with just an amp clean and pre select different pedals just for that amp. Right now stuff is just kinda random and if I am looking for a new tone sometimes it takes a moment to flip through to find it.

I'm really liking the Blackface, Treadplate, AC30, and Tweed amps

I am really gassing for that little 5 watt Blackstar amp to compliment my Pod for the occasion I get to play out.

I can still see a need for a few extra FX pedals though .... an extra delay would be nice from time to time. But then again I guess I could use the dual tone option to add another delay....hmmmmm !

9. gibsonpa

gibsonpa Member

Does anyone know if the "pocket pod" can use the patches being discussed here? With limited funds, thought maybe that route could work out for me.

10. b-squared

b-squared Banned

You might be able to download the patches, but some of the effects might not be there. You can compensate for that by changing a few of the stomp boxes.