Line 6 XT or X3 Live users.

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by PINKBITS, Sep 7, 2009.

1. PINKBITS

PINKBITS Senior Member

:D 5000 post with no thanks :hmm: :shock:

PB sais thank you for this useful post. :thumb:

2. River

River Senior Member

I have v1.11.

3. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Senior Member

Yeah - well, 1.11 to be pedantic. Like I said, it's just the VST (for those who don't know, that means you can then use Pod Farm within your DAW recording software, e.g. Cubase)

4. PINKBITS

PINKBITS Senior Member

Sweet, not being pedantic, I just openly admitt to being technologically challanged. :thumb:

5. Harpozep

Harpozep V.I.P. Member

Yeah, I want to thank you again. I just got the license.:thumb::applause::applause:

I'll store it until I need it. I don't have the X3 Live yet, but in the next several months it will come home.

6. b-squared

b-squared Banned

Installing POD Farm now. :D

7. River

River Senior Member

"A pedant is a person who is overly concerned with formalism and precision, or who makes a show of his learning."

Excuse me. That was not my intent. It's always nice to know what the latest version/service pack is. No sense banging one's head against a wall suffering from a bug that's been fixed.

PB asked what version was current, I did a Help/About and that's what I got back. No need to be insulting about it.

8. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Senior Member

And on your part, there's no need to be so defensive (and - ironically - pedantic based on the "makes a show of his learning" part of the definition you made a point of sharing).

You're reading too much into my reply - I was aiming the pedant bit at myself as you gave an answer and I was being "concerned with precision" and expanded on it. Therefore I was being pedantic and admitted such in my earlier reply :rolleyes:

9. vladmaximus

vladmaximus Senior Member

yeah...X3 is amazing stuff...
    and...im using it too...

ROCK ON....

10. b-squared

b-squared Banned

Got my X3 today--been messing with it all night getting some patches lined up for church tomorrow.

:D

BB

11. PINKBITS

PINKBITS Senior Member

That's great news B, can't wait to hear what you think of it. :thumb:

12. b-squared

b-squared Banned

So far I like it. The dual tone option is pretty cool.

I got some of Linc's tones moved over, and tweaked them a little.

I'm looking fwd to plugging it in tomorrow. :D

BB

13. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Senior Member

b-squared, Are you going to use it purely for live or will you record with it too?

14. PINKBITS

PINKBITS Senior Member

I had a little bit of free time last night so I plugged the x3 into the computer to add a few new custom patches I downloaded.

I downloaded gearbox the other day and was previously using line6 Edit. I must say I'm really finding gearbox usefull. It's great to be able to edit and move patches around via the pc rather than the pedal itself.

When I get a chance over the weekend I'll plug the x3 into my amp aswell so I can adjust the patches via gearbox, tweaking them to best suit my amp.

The more time I'm having with this pedal, the more I'm liking it.

15. River

River Senior Member

X3 is to pedal as F18 is to DC3. :thumb:

16. b-squared

b-squared Banned

I don't do a lot of recording at the moment, so it's mainly for live use.

Down the road I might start putting some time and money into recording--at the moment I really don't have much time for that.

BB

17. rustypaul

rustypaul Senior Member

Exactly right... I "wasted" about a month fooling around with my XTlive rather than actually playing guitar.

I've since gone back to just guitar->EQ->tuner->OD->tube amp for gigging. People in bars generally can't hear or don't care about the tonal differences.

18. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Senior Member

While I can see your point and kind of agree, tweaking really comes into its own when it comes to recording. I've had my XT Live since they were introduced but it's only in the last few months that I've been getting into the 'inner' XT Live and am getting some of the best recorded sounds I've ever had.

19. will c

will c Senior Member

Hi guys, I'm new here and found this thread.

I just bought an Epiphone LP Classic Quilt Top that will be arriving on Monday. I'm really excited as this is my first LP style guitar (I've been playing Strats for 16 years).

I have a POD X3 Live and I love the thing. It actually replaced a Vox Tonelab SE. I liked the sound and response of the POD more than the Vox. Anyway, I run my POD mono into the effects return of my Mesa Boogie F-30. Because the amp has a parallel loop, I insert a 1/4 male plug into the send side of the loop (with no destination except atmosphere). For reasons I don't understand, it opens up the POD's sound. This might not be typical with all amps mind you. This rig sounds great to me and really inspires me when I am blessed to play. I'm usually coupling this with a direct XLR feed to the house and I set my POD's master volume to control only the 1/4 outs.

I totally understand about tweaking these things. I've found a few amps that I like (Fender blackface, Plexi Variac'd, Solo 100) and add stomp, compression, and modulation as needed. I almost always have some delay effect in my signal and the degree of saturation fluctuates in relation to what the song needs (IMHO). I play mostly contemporary Christian music live, but like to rock out at home too on any classic rock, blues, and even metal from time to time.

I use gearbox primarily for editing patches, but would like to learn to use pod farm in the future. Gearbox is just easier at this point and locating my patches is quick and easy.

For recording I use the POD as the soundcard and utilize POD farm as a plugin so I can re-amp my signal should I decide I don't like the sound of the guitar. Very versitile setup and it sounds pretty darn good for what you pay for it. I couldn't be happier with my POD X3 Live. :thumb:

Will

20. captcoolaid

captcoolaid Senior Member

I have the pocket pod does that count for anything lmao. Do any of you remember the one of the original tone generators. Ah yes the days of ye old Yamaha SPX 90