Line 6 Pocket Pod...MANUAL SETTINGS?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Kuroyama, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Kuroyama

Kuroyama V.I.P. Member

OK... this might be too easy.

As a user of a POD 2.0, I love it, but I hate all the presets. I dont want to sound like Motley Crue, Nickelback, Alice in Chains, or any other popular artist. I just want modeled amps and cabinets.

When I plug in my 2.0, I set it to manual, pick an AMP, pick a CAB, set some CLEAN or CRUNCH, and away I go. I just want to play guitar, not play sound engineer.

SO, I went and bought a POCKET POD. My goal is to to the same thing, but while jamming to the tunes in my MP3 music player. It does that fine. BUT I cant figure out how to just set it to MANUAL, and pick my own amps, cabs, and do away with the 30,000 presets it came with.

Is there a way to do that? Or do I have to build all my tones in the VYZEX software, and just select my pre-built tones as presets? I ask because sometimes the mood strikes me for more or less crunch, or drive from a clean tone, or a separate amp.

Ive been through the manual, (not enough?) but all I can find are instructions for selecting preset tones, or editing preset tones.

How do I build tones from scratch without using the software editor?
    Cant I just select amps, cabs, and crunch from the 7 controls on the face of the unit?

2. lexluthier

lexluthier V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

I hooked it up to the computer and used the software, it's fairly easy to use IMO. I also thought a lot of the factory presets sounded like crap.

3. Kuroyama

Kuroyama V.I.P. Member

Yeah, Im also not a fan of the preset tones. I like Line 6s raw sounds, but the pre-packaged "Awsum Tohn", "ShaRREdddR", or "BlooZ KEEng"... all these options seem like the tones youd find on a toy guitar. Even if there was an SRV tone... I cant play like SRV so whats the point?

Just let me set myself up manually. nice and light when Im not playing well, and big and ballsy when I can actually put 3 chords together and have an audience.