"Like to have" Guitars

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by kfowler8, May 4, 2017.

1. wmachine

wmachine Senior Member

It is easy to see why ES-335s make so many personal lists. Affordability keeps it on the list for so many, too. But recently, CME made it possible for quite a few of us to take it off the list by getting one at some blowout prices. I opted for a Reissue '64 ES-345 TDC Maestro VOS. Technically not a 335, of course, so I, not so cleverly, am able to leave a 335 on my list?

[​IMG]

I believe that one is a 2015, with the jack on the side and not the top? If, so, I just took another wish off my list by getting that exact one, once again due to blowout pricing. I am really impressed with it. It was initially more of a "just because" on the list, but I'm finding it to be a seriously good guitar.

I picked up new one a year ago at a no-brainer $500, and very nice it is, and more! When the CME Memphis blowouts came along, I was first tempted to get a Gibson ES-175, as the prices were that irresistible. But the EPI is so good (and use of a jazz box is more limited to me), that I turned my attention to getting a good Es-3x5.

[​IMG]

RobertF and Benjammin like this.
  2. Bend'n'Slide

Bend'n'Slide Senior Member

Hmmm.
    I think I'll try staying away from the predictable '58/'59 Lester or '56/'57 Strat, fantastic as that would be (if only...!).

In no particular order...

-- Tele. Don't have one, always kinda wanted one but unlikely it would ever be No. 1.

-- Rickenbacker 12-string. Hell yeah.

-- Actually, even a nice acoustic / electroacoustic 12 would do at this point.

-- A nice, big, hand-carved, NY f-hole archtop from any one of several luthiers. Just because.
    Complete pie-in-the-sky, obviously but such a great thing to have!

-- Or maybe an early Gibson L5 or Super400. Mmmmmmmm... (might have to make do with an Epiphone Masterbilt Zenith or Deluxe instead).

I'd also say an ES Les Paul, but I have a suspicion that one of those could sneak in and try to be No. 1 (!).

3. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

great score :dude: I'm in the same boat, I can't justify spending big bucks on a jazz guitar, but I would like to have a nice one to play around with. These Epis definitely give Gibsons a run for the money

4. RobertF

RobertF Senior Member

IMG_2442.JPG IMG_4883.JPG IMG_4882.JPG I'm fortunate to own most of the guitars I've lusted after over the years (a real 59 burst not in the cards), and truth be told, my guitar buying days are behind me.

Still, I'd love to have a white blonde 58 Reissue tele, ditto for a white blonde custom shop 51 precision bass. A CS 62 SG with a maestro would be on the list too.

Doubtful any of those will ever happen.

Benjammin likes this.
  5. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

RobertF likes this.