Let's Talk About Love ...

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by rvschulz, Apr 26, 2017.

1. rvschulz

rvschulz Senior Member

Since my divorce 6+ years ago (going on 7 LOL !) I've been through the gamut of 'situations' ... when i was separated after 25 years of marriage and 20 years of it 'sucking' ... i seriously wondered if i actually 'knew' or understood what an interpersonal loving romantic relationship was. i spent 3 months talking to a therapist about what i was like, and what i wanted, and of what a supposedly normal relationship consisted. in the end of that ... she told me i had normal thoughts and expectations. thank God.

i soon thought about my personal ideology which is basically ... i like women, i like sex, and i like being with someone who wants to be with me too. and if those thoughts don;t congeal with a particular person - i'm happy being 'by myself' and rolling through my life and lifestyle.

so, i begin dating. internet traffic is pretty normal in hindsight ... i remember my youth when i think 1 in 30 girls i met seemed likable. it's the same for me today - only now that i'm more eccentric and set in my ways it's probably 1 in 100. i tried all the services and settled in eHarmony (not an advertisement) - it just seemed more capable of connecting.

i dated older and younger women if i got that far - i'm a fisherman so i keep casting a LOT. 1st decent try at a relationship was a bust - not sexually attracted to her AND too dramatic. Learning curve experience. Next one was awesome, but she became quite ill and while we hung in there for a while i think she was more interested in her end of life being without me unfortunately. Another was just too wild ... carrying her to her home drunk out of her mind brought back nightmares of my marriage. Still another was pretty, sweet, sexy and sexual ... just lied about being divorced or separated. Luckily, no one was physically hurt before that ended.

Which brings me to today. I (hope) i have found the perfect woman. It has been only 5 months, but it's like that scene in The Jerk where 'the 1st day seemed like 3 days, the 2nd day was like a week'. One of our many running jokes is that this has been a great 5 years so far. We think each other are funny, attractive, sweet, smart ... yada yada yada. that's past the thought that she's pretty with clothes on and ... as one of my friends described her after meeting her - that's R's ' Hot A$$ Girlfriend'.

I think this has real legs. I hope everyone else either has this sort of relationship in their life or finds it because this has made me very happy to be alive. That's All Folks ...

Bobby Mahogany and Shred Astaire like this.
  2. Malikon

Malikon V.I.P. Member

good luck.

sh*t like this, .." Still another was pretty, sweet, sexy and sexual ... just lied about being divorced or separated."

has made me pretty jaded

3. de Payens

de Payens Senior Member

Good luck to you there should be someone out there for everyone. A lot of it seems to be about luck these days.

4. Soul Tramp

Soul Tramp Speaker Snob V.I.P. Member MLP Vendor

I'm not sure I have the wisdom to run my own life, let alone offer advice to anyone else.

As with Mal, I wish you the best.

Caleb likes this.
  5. kevinpaul

kevinpaul Premium Member

Someone for every one but some might be in outer space.

6. WolfeMacleod

WolfeMacleod V.I.P. Member MLP Vendor

I've found what I believe to be just about as good as you can get.
    And she's a well-known drummer......in fekkin' Japan. :mad:

7. Bobby Mahogany

Bobby Mahogany Senior Member

Glad you found someone and you're happy.

Your "I think this has real legs"...
    Maybe don't think too far ahead.
    You're at the beginning of it.
    Might go further, might not.
    Enjoy every day and don't create expectations.
    That is often a problem.
    Just live it out!
    :thumb:

Oh yes... and pics!
    Just kidding.
    :D

rvschulz likes this.