Let's hear your playing through your rig

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Rocco Crocco, Feb 12, 2017.

1. DarrellV

DarrellV Likes > Posts Silver Supporter Premium Member

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Rocco Crocco, AmpedUp and frankv like this.
  2. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Absolutely

DarrellV likes this.
  3. drew365

drew365 Senior Member

Only if you want people to listen to it!

4. DarrellV

DarrellV Likes > Posts Silver Supporter Premium Member

It's up above.... Hope you like :fingersx:

5. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

Proving I added a looper to the AX8 Dual Rectifier Vintage model and unbuggered everything I buggered trying to do it.

The loop is me playing Jimi's Axis arpeggio licks (poorly) and then playing lead over it. Both are recorded on the Dual Rec Vintage model. Bling's RangeMaster clone is kicked on because I am addicted to it. Love the Dual Rec Vintage model, too. :hippie:

http://www.soundclick.com/html5/v3/player.cfm?type=single&songid=13570856&q=hi

frankv and AmpedUp like this.
  6. TheDevice

TheDevice Senior Member

Lead is a Jacksons Soloist through my SLO clone, rhythm is PRS McCarty panned left and the Soloist panned right with a 62 Tele reissue in the center through a Brit-tone 45. Tracked using a 1x12 Boogie cab in a road case with a 57 close mic'd into a Focusrite Red and a AKG 451 a little further back running into a Vintech 73x and a THD Hotplate running direct.

https://soundcloud.com/sonny-king-rock-guitar/fn_foil

AmpedUp and frankv like this.
  7. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby Senior Member

Recorded this a while back and didn't upload it for some reason.

It's the AxeFX, but I can't remember what preset I used.

8. drew365

drew365 Senior Member

Here's some video of my band at a gig we did last month on St. Patrick's Day. I edited some solo sections together to use as promo, since our band has broken up and I need to put together a new one. I'm using my Variax JTV 69, Helix is on the floor and my amp on a pole is behind me.
    Some times I feel like I should be wearing a space suit when playing this rig.:jam:

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  9. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

You'd be in good company.

[​IMG]

lakeburst and drew365 like this.
  10. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

11. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

mdubya likes this.
  12. drew365

drew365 Senior Member

Here's one more song that I just edited from the same gig. I get a little feedback going from my amp on a pole.

13. Sean D

Sean D Junior Member

14. frankv

Imagine that. You been here since 2011 with 7 posts.. It's taken a modeling thread to get you out of the closet. Bravo.

15. Sean D

Sean D Junior Member

I am really only good for 1 post a year on average ;), so I guess it's back to my hole until 2019 :D.

CaptainT, frankv and AmpedUp like this.
  16. frankv

mdubya, jdto and NeubyWanKaneuby like this.
  17. jdto

jdto Pretend Human Premium Member

I'm embarrassed to follow Frank and Sean's excellent recordings, but here are some samples I did for a member here of my guitars with Vineham pickups. Don't expect to be dazzled by my playing, as I am just a novice player. These are just some chords and stuff to get the range of sounds. Still, I think the Amplifire 3 directly into the iRig and iRig Recorder on iPad sounds pretty good. These are stock Amplifire presets, BTW, as I haven't been able to get around to messing with IRs and settings too much.

https://soundcloud.com/user-754935117/sets/vineham-pickups-samples

Sean D and mdubya like this.
  18. frankv

Very clear and crisp. Nice work with that...

jdto likes this.
  19. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

Nice vintage-y tones. I truly appreciate any modeling demo that goes for simple, vintage amp like tones over multi-processed examples. I never considered the Amplifire when I was making my most recent modeling decision, but since I got my AX8, I have heard a few Amplifire demos that have gotten my attention.

jdto likes this.
  20. jdto

jdto Pretend Human Premium Member

Thanks. I had a Helix for a while as well, but it was sort of overkill for my uses and I moved it on and kept the Amplifire 3. I prefer the vintage tones I can get from some of the Fender, Marshall and Vox models in the A3 and it fits in the pocket of a gigbag, which is nice.

To be able to do the demo I just did with the A3 and the iRig Pro, I'd need two very expensive amps and a mic setup into some sort of recording equipment. I don't have the space for it and it would take me much longer to set up and record than this did. This was literally a spur of the moment decision last night where I plugged in a few connections and went right to it. In that sense, I love the versatility I can get out of this setup. I haven't tried every amp under the Sun like Franky, but I don't need to as I'm more than content with what I'm getting out of what I have right now.

frankv, AmpedUp and mdubya like this.