Let's hear your playing through your rig

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Rocco Crocco, Feb 12, 2017.

1. mmd

mmd Senior Member

Here's another one.

This is a song from what should have been the "rebirth" of my late 80's/early 90's band, 8 days after. We wrote a batch of songs, went into the studio and recorded them, but the vocalist/lyricst Dennis was having vocal chord problems - turned out he has polyps (?) on his chords. He basically dropped off the Earth after we recorded an EPs worth of material. Bummer, too, because I LOVE the songs.

We added a keyboardist to the line-up, Dianna Mills. She really brought a depth to the songs with her paino and organ parts. Drums were by my current drummer, Vance. Bass was by a fellow named Rich. It was looking to be a solid line-up and release. We even had a couple of "labels" (said lightly, because what denotes a label these days?) interested, but it all dried up :(

Anyway, for me, this is ALL Gretsch (again) and the Helix. The verses are played on a Duo-Jet w/Filtertrons. The choruses are played on a Gretsch Pro-Jet with minibuckers. The leads are done on the Duo-Jet. All the amps are Vox-based models in the Helix....mostly AC15s with different cabs to tweak the tone.

The acoustic guitar (which is not played well, but we left it because it had a "vibe" that matched the vocal) was done with a Fender Tim Armstrong. The bass was a MusicMan played through an Ampeg combo. Drums are Pearl Masters with Sabian AAX cymbals. The piano and organ were done via Arturia V-Collection 5 software.

CaptainT likes this.
  2. NotScott

NotScott Silver Supporter

I think am really getting the Kemper dialed in to get all of my old school tube tones now. Last week, I took these out with it:

My experience with modelers has been that most of them can do a good humbucker through a fire-breathing Marshall tone. But what separates the contenders from the pretenders for me is how well they can handle single coil tones, clean to mean. Although this is a crappy phone video, I think I have the Kemper dialed in pretty damn good for my Strats now.

I am not missing my Carol-Ann all that much lately. :dude:
    CaptainT, Oldskoolrob and frankv like this.
  3. Oldskoolrob

Oldskoolrob Senior Member

This is my stuff - recorded at a live gig through a Zoom R16 being used as the PA desk and re mastered afterwards. All original stuff, so be gentle. Rig is a home made 18 watt Fender-ish amp, Some tunes are my Gretsch, some are a Broadway. Haven't recorded with my LP as yet, as at the time I was all about the hollowbodies lol.
    CaptainT, AllTheSound and frankv like this.
  4. Jota

Jota Senior Member

Oldskoolrob and frankv like this.