Let's hear your playing through your rig

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Rocco Crocco, Feb 12, 2017.

1. LenPaul

LenPaul Premium Member

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    AmpedUp and NeubyWanKaneuby like this.
  2. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    AmpedUp, NeubyWanKaneuby and LenPaul like this.
  3. LenPaul

LenPaul Premium Member

Think I recognize that BT from the BTOTM in the lessons ,, either way, nice . well done.

frankv likes this.
  4. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Yep. I like that track and play to it often... thx

5. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby Senior Member

I think that's one of my favorite BT's, and probably the best improv I've done since I've been participating in BTOTM threads.

AmpedUp and frankv like this.
  6. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby Senior Member

Busted out the Hello Kitty Strat...

AmpedUp and frankv like this.
  7. frankv

CaptainT and AmpedUp like this.
  8. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

This is a recording I did several months ago. This was done in a live setting in one take. Two buds on drums and bass.

The amp was my 80s rig. An ADA MP-1 > BBE Sonic Maxmizer > G-Major > Tube Works Mosvalve power amp.

Here's the modeling part. This was then ran into a Two Notes Torpedo Live. The cab emulation was a Engle 4x12 and mic was a Knightfall. I think that's a condenser IR. I switch back and forth between clean and dirty so you can get a good idea of how it reacts.

http://soundcloud.com/kfowler8/march-2017-jam-v2

9. frankv

Beautiful music my friend...

kfowler8 and AmpedUp like this.
  10. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

Really nice!

kfowler8 likes this.
  11. Liam

Liam V.I.P. Member

Frankly Frank, I'm embarrassed by how little progress I have made with home recording in comparison to some around here - and you in particular. Here's a 4 on the floor 12 bar I started in February, and finished a couple of months ago. Axe, Strat and Les Paul, and I think it was a Vox AC30 combo and a JMP 2203 MV that I had modeled.

https://app.box.com/s/jjfctahbfd09b7vtmvilub982mmsbpva

Was never particularly happy with that one, but had started on another one. Axe, Les Paul, Strat and the models are a JMP 100 watt and a Twin Reverb.

https://app.box.com/s/ebtg8msma4zvz9vrnvcn6ul3p8u2xcot

Slowly getting to grips with Studio One - hopefully some proper time to spend with it soon. You guys are inspiring as well as shaming me. ;)

Liam

12. frankv

Freaking awesome my modest friend.. You had my foot tapping on that first one.

AmpedUp likes this.
  13. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

That's okay Liam, I'll be happy to take the shameful end of the crappy mixing and playing by posting this clip! :(
    Atomic Amplifire 3, JCM800 Fremen patch which I twisted the knobs on slightly. No reverb, no delay, just a tad of internal boost with gain only. Some crappy chord work, then some crappy bridge pickup work, then some more crappy stuff on the neck pickup. The mix is guitar loud, so, turn it down at first! Remember it's about the rig, not my playing! :Ohno:
    https://app.box.com/s/91olxu87ddm0ylrt4zv8y9m9j4ywxpie

NeubyWanKaneuby, Liam and frankv like this.
  14. frankv

Thats how it starts my friend. Keep recording and keep reviewing. After awhile you will get better and better.. Capture everything you practice.

The lead section was excellent by the way

AmpedUp likes this.
  15. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

Thank you Frank. Yes, and I keep pickin' at it.........

frankv likes this.
  16. frankv

Quite some time ago I recommended a Blues book called "Blues You Can Use" by John Ganapew. A few of you guys went out and purchased the book. This is a GREAT book for those beginners that want to learn some practical blues and instantly apply them. It's also a good book for those that are more advanced in playing the Blues.

Here is an example.. This is Lesson 1 in the book.This is my Peavey HP special and AXE Double Reverb.
    https://app.box.com/s/rw7kv3gsqdru9267gwrcv3nyh5nbj7mv

There are lots of play variations you can insert as you play that simple 1 4 5. It can really aid you in learning the blues if you want to expand into that discipline.

If you are new to the Blues I would highly recommend you get the book and start slowly. Do a lesson a week. In no time you will enjoy your new level of play.

AmpedUp likes this.
  17. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

Yes, I am one of those who purchased it, and thank you very much. I find myself sitting down and noodling around mostly and not directing focus towards learning. Just the truth. I seriously need to redirect that focus in a positive learning direction again.

frankv likes this.
  18. frankv

One lesson a week is all it takes. Play the tab. Listen to the CD. Get the phrases. They will become your phrases. After you know it cold you will find yourself adding to the piece with your own voice.

Then you will be posting many of your recordings here in this thread.

AmpedUp likes this.
  19. PJH

PJH Junior Member

Here's another one from the same album. I apologise upfront about the length (prog rock - yep I'm a fan). Please be patient with the nylon string gtrs at the beginning - the electrics kick in after (around the 4 minute mark).

I used the Helix for all the electric parts including bass. The track was videoed whist recording in the studio.

It's a kind of a tip of the hat to one of my favourite producers and recording artists - The Alan Parsons Project.

I initially tracked the guitars with a miced up Marshall but just had to try the same parts with the Helix and as stated, the Helix tracks made it onto the final version. They just seemed to have more clarity overall.

Hope you enjoy,

Cheers.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017 at 4:32 PM
  20. frankv

^^^^^ Loved that my friend... Beautiful!!!

I am not surprised that the Helix made the final cut.. and it sounds great.. Of course great playing had a lot to do with that.. :applause:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017 at 10:19 PM
    AmpedUp likes this.