Let's hear your playing through your rig

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Rocco Crocco, Feb 12, 2017.

1. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Well.. I just got my Ernie Ball LUKE back from Music Man. I had the original EMG pickups put back in. (I got it with Bare Knuckles)

So I have to say.. I think I LOVE EMGs in this LUKE. They are special formulas make for Steve Luk. What I have found is most of the presets that I never liked with my passive coils I now love with the EMGS. Amazing how different guitars sound completely different with Fractal.

So here is a little something I cooked up this morning just noodling around. This is a Hiwatt clean preset with some chorus thrown in and a TS808 drive pedal.

This sounds incredible for what it is. Variation on an amp that I just love having the ability to pull up with the AXE FX. The effects are incredible..

https://app.box.com/s/83ru9pdmigqj7xq7nxizkrl7zugdeitq

And here is the beauty. Might keep this one around for awhile. She's a custom build not available to the public.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    ht-57, Rocco Crocco, drew365 and 3 others like this.
  2. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

3. TP6

TP6 Senior Member

It's been a while since I've posted in the modelling section but I ended up picking up a new toy recently so I figured I'd stop being lazy and post. Long story short, I've picked up an Atomic Amplifire after downsizing a few amps and have been using it as a recording tool and even as a little jamming amp into a EHX 44 Magnum power amp and a single 1x12 cab. Been really liking it so far actually. Sounds quite convincing in the room, even with a cheapo poweramp like the Magnum. I still use Bias AMP as well but the convenience of the Atomic basically guarantees that it's the thing that I'm using 99 percent of the time :applause:

Anywho since it's giving me the playing bug again, I ended up recording a few demos last night just to test out how everything would fit in a mix. All the guitars and bass are recorded by me and I used Addictive Drums 2 for backing. Pretty stoked about the tones considering I didn't have to spend much on them to get them where I needed them to be. The clip is a bit on the heavy side but I do have some lower gain clips I am working on as well.

Recording chain is in the post description:

https://soundcloud.com/guitarbites/af-heavy-test/s-or9Tc

Go easy on me. I'm pretty out of practice and I didn't mix it great. :rofl:

frankv, drew365, AmpedUp and 2 others like this.
  4. drew365

drew365 Senior Member

Here's a quick solo using my JTV69 through my Roland Blues Cube Artist. This was recorded at a local jam night. This is not my band, just other jammers.

Harmony, CaptainT, Joeydego and 2 others like this.
  5. Joeydego

Joeydego your mom is a nice lady V.I.P. Member

6. Sean D

Sean D Junior Member

About a month ago, I finished building my first Tele from a Warmoth neck and body. I decide to jam along to a backing track from YouTube to hear how it sounds. The tele in the avatar on the song is the one being played.

The amp model is a Suhr Badger 18 on a Fractal AX8. All the tonal adjustments were made with the volume and tone knobs except for the occasional wah.

https://soundcloud.com/s-driscoll/sean-driscoll-tele-to-backing-track

Enjoy!

AmpedUp, ht-57 and frankv like this.
  7. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

AmpedUp, cherrysunburst00 and ht-57 like this.
  8. frankv

AmpedUp and cherrysunburst00 like this.
  9. frankv

AmpedUp likes this.
  10. frankv

Its just practicing but boy o boy does being able to direct record make the experience so much better. Perhaps one of the best benefits I encountered using the AXE FX,

I kinda like this piece. It's G Mixolydian with my RG570 on neck pickup which is a duncan Custom Custom. Played through a Marshall Plexi preset stock out of the box.

https://app.box.com/s/3d0yn7co3c8fc4th5n9bjvppmmwjrqyc

AmpedUp, Zoobiedood and AllTheSound like this.
  11. AllTheSound

AllTheSound Premium Member

Nice chops Frank , thats a great woody tone you got outa that one :)

frankv likes this.
  12. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby Senior Member

Moar Axe FX jammage...

AmpedUp likes this.
  13. frankv

So I was talking to my buddy Cherrysunburst on the phone yesterday. Somehow we got to talking about how he feels that I have gotten away from the blues and into fussion. While this is partly true because of my current teacher.. It's not entirely true. So this morning I woke up in the blues mood..

Ibanez RG 570 with a couple of AXE FX presets. Its a Fender clean for the rhythm and a Top Boost with phaser. Both tracks are with the neck pickup on the RG

I have to say this again. Direct recording with AXE FX is worth the price of entry all by itself

https://app.box.com/s/osrs5uf7sj5obf5eq4gar5cghl2vm7lk

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  14. cherrysunburst00

cherrysunburst00 Senior Member

NICE. I really dig your fusion playong (Tommy Bolin, Jeff Beck)

frankv likes this.
  15. PJH

PJH Junior Member

I put this track together soon after receiving my Helix. Guitars and bass plugged in and recorded direct.

Harmony, CaptainT, kfowler8 and 5 others like this.
  16. frankv

AmpedUp likes this.
  17. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

That was outstanding! Great job all around.

PJH likes this.
  18. PJH

PJH Junior Member

Thank you for your kind comment, Kevin.

Much appreciated!

Cheers

Peter.

19. Erodr133

Erodr133 Senior Member

20. frankv

AmpedUp and NeubyWanKaneuby like this.