Let's hear your playing through your rig

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Rocco Crocco, Feb 12, 2017.

1. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Well.. I just got my Ernie Ball LUKE back from Music Man. I had the original EMG pickups put back in. (I got it with Bare Knuckles)

So I have to say.. I think I LOVE EMGs in this LUKE. They are special formulas make for Steve Luk. What I have found is most of the presets that I never liked with my passive coils I now love with the EMGS. Amazing how different guitars sound completely different with Fractal.

So here is a little something I cooked up this morning just noodling around. This is a Hiwatt clean preset with some chorus thrown in and a TS808 drive pedal.

This sounds incredible for what it is. Variation on an amp that I just love having the ability to pull up with the AXE FX. The effects are incredible..

https://app.box.com/s/83ru9pdmigqj7xq7nxizkrl7zugdeitq

And here is the beauty. Might keep this one around for awhile. She's a custom build not available to the public.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    ht-57, Rocco Crocco, drew365 and 3 others like this.
  2. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

3. TP6

TP6 Senior Member

It's been a while since I've posted in the modelling section but I ended up picking up a new toy recently so I figured I'd stop being lazy and post. Long story short, I've picked up an Atomic Amplifire after downsizing a few amps and have been using it as a recording tool and even as a little jamming amp into a EHX 44 Magnum power amp and a single 1x12 cab. Been really liking it so far actually. Sounds quite convincing in the room, even with a cheapo poweramp like the Magnum. I still use Bias AMP as well but the convenience of the Atomic basically guarantees that it's the thing that I'm using 99 percent of the time :applause:

Anywho since it's giving me the playing bug again, I ended up recording a few demos last night just to test out how everything would fit in a mix. All the guitars and bass are recorded by me and I used Addictive Drums 2 for backing. Pretty stoked about the tones considering I didn't have to spend much on them to get them where I needed them to be. The clip is a bit on the heavy side but I do have some lower gain clips I am working on as well.

Recording chain is in the post description:

https://soundcloud.com/guitarbites/af-heavy-test/s-or9Tc

Go easy on me. I'm pretty out of practice and I didn't mix it great. :rofl:

frankv, drew365, AmpedUp and 2 others like this.
  4. drew365

drew365 Senior Member

Here's a quick solo using my JTV69 through my Roland Blues Cube Artist. This was recorded at a local jam night. This is not my band, just other jammers.

Joeydego, frankv and AmpedUp like this.
  5. Joeydego

Joeydego your mom is a nice lady V.I.P. Member

Rocco Crocco, drew365 and frankv like this.
  6. Sean D

Sean D Junior Member

About a month ago, I finished building my first Tele from a Warmoth neck and body. I decide to jam along to a backing track from YouTube to hear how it sounds. The tele in the avatar on the song is the one being played.

The amp model is a Suhr Badger 18 on a Fractal AX8. All the tonal adjustments were made with the volume and tone knobs except for the occasional wah.

https://soundcloud.com/s-driscoll/sean-driscoll-tele-to-backing-track

Enjoy!

ht-57 and frankv like this.
  7. frankv

cherrysunburst00 and ht-57 like this.
  8. frankv

cherrysunburst00 likes this.
  9. frankv

10. frankv

Its just practicing but boy o boy does being able to direct record make the experience so much better. Perhaps one of the best benefits I encountered using the AXE FX,

I kinda like this piece. It's G Mixolydian with my RG570 on neck pickup which is a duncan Custom Custom. Played through a Marshall Plexi preset stock out of the box.

https://app.box.com/s/3d0yn7co3c8fc4th5n9bjvppmmwjrqyc

Zoobiedood and AllTheSound like this.
  11. AllTheSound

AllTheSound Premium Member

Nice chops Frank , thats a great woody tone you got outa that one :)

frankv likes this.
  12. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby Senior Member

Moar Axe FX jammage...

13. frankv

So I was talking to my buddy Cherrysunburst on the phone yesterday. Somehow we got to talking about how he feels that I have gotten away from the blues and into fussion. While this is partly true because of my current teacher.. It's not entirely true. So this morning I woke up in the blues mood..

Ibanez RG 570 with a couple of AXE FX presets. Its a Fender clean for the rhythm and a Top Boost with phaser. Both tracks are with the neck pickup on the RG

I have to say this again. Direct recording with AXE FX is worth the price of entry all by itself

https://app.box.com/s/osrs5uf7sj5obf5eq4gar5cghl2vm7lk

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017 at 12:05 PM
  14. cherrysunburst00

cherrysunburst00 Senior Member

NICE. I really dig your fusion playong (Tommy Bolin, Jeff Beck)

frankv likes this.