Les Paul Classic vs Traditional

Discussion in 'Gibson Les Pauls' started by wilsonho94, Nov 26, 2011.

1. wilsonho94

wilsonho94 Senior Member

What do you mean by in good way...?

2. Justin_Case

Justin_Case Senior Member

The Sam Ash has the Rosewood Board and the 1960 Pickguard, both were on the Classic. This one has neither.

3. rockstar232007

rockstar232007 Senior Member

I mean, if I ever decided to sell mine (which, I never will), I'll definitely get more than what I paid for it.

It's been a "buyer's market" for way too long. `Bout time the tables turned?:)

4. guitarcase

guitarcase Senior Member

Pretty spot on. But again, the neck difference is a BIG one. Of all the features you will notice, this the most and cannot be changed. Wether you prefer thick or thin or middle is up to personel pref. If.....you can find a 93 model classic, the inlays are fine. If you like middle necks get an old standard, If you like thick get a last years or before maple neck Trad. If you want lightweight get a newer chambered standard or a very pricey new historic.

5. Sct13

Sct13 Gold Supporter Premium Member

Most importantly! Get what YOU like. Don't worry about names and brands, go out and play every guitar in your area, and decide then.

This is how I normally guitar shop. I have put down beautiful guitars that sounded or felt bad to me.
    the mistake I made with the 60's Classic was that I bought it fast and without thinking, I let the sales guy SELL it to me. the really sad part?

It was next to a Gary Moore model which I played and liked but I wound up with the classic because the pups were very hot. :cool:
    Big lesson here! Moral of the story? Play them all. unplugged feel their vibe spend time on it, don't rush, go home sleep on it. Allow your mojo to speak to you. Have fun!

6. wilsonho94

wilsonho94 Senior Member

True true... but unfortunately... I'm from Malaysia... Gibson here is very very limited and over priced... so I'm not sure on which to get... so far... all I've tried is a Standard... Studio... Studio Lite... and this 2006 Classic with the green like inlays... and of all I prefered the Classic.... It's slim neck is perfect (I've always been a strat or tele guy) and the tone is very warm and hot... and not chambered... but from what it looks you guys have a much better guitar option for the same price :wow:

7. wilsonho94

wilsonho94 Senior Member

Which year didn't have the awful disgusting inlays? Or perhaps not so awful disgusting... I've seen some that isn't so green or yellow... it had a slight green and yellow so it looked vintage.. would love that

8. Sct13

I do not know, My Traditionals have the correct coloration, to me they are nearly perfect. Do you have traditionals there?

9. Sct13

And again if you like the neck of that classic, then that's your girl!

Cosmetics are secondary to tone and playability, you can change out the inlays later. After you play it so much that it needs a fret job.
    If you can't stop thinking of her then any other guitar would make you unhappy.

Good luck!
    :wave:

guitarcase likes this.
  10. wilsonho94

wilsonho94 Senior Member

Nope T.T

11. guitarcase

guitarcase Senior Member

Absolutely spot on.

12. guitarcase

guitarcase Senior Member

before and including 1993