Last thing I needed is another distortion pedal.

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by Burst Boy, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Burst Boy

Burst Boy Senior Member

I have a whole bunch and am having trouble keeping them gainfully employed.

But... I couldn't resist a Bax Bangeetar. Couldn't say no because an offer of an irresistible price and it's not second hand.

No clipping diodes, 4 stage pre-amp with baxandall bass and treble EQ, parametric mids control with Q and frequency fine tuning. It certainly is something different compared to the majority of distortion pedals. It can produce a fizzy trail-off from the notes with is a stereotypical op-amp distortion thing, the volume kicks in at three on the dial but, hey, what an overall great sounding pedal. Haven't tried the cab sim yet but am in no rush.

Awesomely happy with it.

Rich, Benjammin and Rhust like this.
  2. kiko

kiko Senior Member

Yup, there's always a better one! :slash:

3. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

+1

4. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

It's not a matter of "better". There is always another one out there, that you haven't tried. And you desperately want to... We are all in the same boat I guess...

Oh, congrats OP!

northernguitarguy and Mockbel like this.
  5. Burst Boy

Burst Boy Senior Member

Yes, not necessarily better, but different. One of the best tones for me is a Boss DS-1 into a n overdriven Orange such as an OR15. Overdriven enough to break-up when the strings are hit hard, and enough to take the fizz out of the DS-1. A glorious fat, juicy tone. The Bax Bangeetar does this through any clean amp in my collection but with a much wider range of control that enables hitting the (a) sweet spot regardless of amp and guitar combination. It's a special pre-amp/OD/distortion pedal for sure.

Benjammin likes this.
  6. Rich

Rich Non sequitur Premium Member

Dirt pedals are like Strats - you can never own too many of them.

7. moreles

moreles Senior Member

Beware the "irresistable price." Based on multiple decades of research, I can say with complete certainty that there is always something on sale, always some amazing deal, always another one-of-a-kind prototype, and always something missing from your rig or tone that only another pedal (or whatever) can deliver. I love the way Billy Gibbons always has another new, custom guitar, pedals, rig... in order to sound like... The Rev. Billy Gibbons!

8. Burst Boy

Burst Boy Senior Member

Well... I just purchased a Boss OD-1... not cheap... not an irresistible price... not needed... but it's the earliest circuit with the original chip. It's cool owning an OD that was the first of it's type:acoustic::dude: