KISS Fans??

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by SixAngryStrings, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Tenacious T

Tenacious T Senior Member

Got the new disc today & I love it.

No problems here.

2. mmcquain

mmcquain V.I.P. Member

Nice to see my original "favorite rock band"... KISS in a live web broadcast Wednesday night from the set of David Letterman. If you missed it you can see it at CBS.COM. They did about 9-10 songs in a 45 min. set.

Hard to believe it has been almost 35 years since I say them live in concert (my first ever concert). Dad took me and 2 friends to Huntington, WV in the middle of a January snow storm! Ace Frehley is the reason I play a Les Paul guitar to this day.

I have several screen shots from the broadcast here: mcquain.com - /lespaul/favorites/kiss/KISS_LiveLetterman/

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. 80's Rocker

80's Rocker Senior Member

Monster totally KICKS ASS, I don't care what anybody says. I really love every track on the album. Wall of Sound is a really cool riff.

2 people like this.
  4. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  5. battra

battra Senior Member

Monster arrived to me on the 9th and I listened to it front to back and I was pleasantly surprised.

It's going up on the music blog on Thursday.

6. 69chargerse

69chargerse Senior Member

So since the Who is missing 2 original members, the Stones don't have all the original members, does that make them tribute bands too? Wahhh, Ace and Peter aren't in KISS anymore. Peter's drumming sucked since the Reunion Tour, and Ace didn't want to do it anymore, plain and simple. IIRC, Ace is the one who suggested Tommy.

7. moncrete

moncrete Senior Member

i don't readed all this forum (for now...there'are a lot of posts...), but i want, for now, tell this:

KISS are the greatest in the world...!
    And i think too they are a legend, just beatles, or rolling stones, or led zeppelin, doors, jimi hendrix, ecc.. different stuff then tokiohotel and shit like this...

Destroyer, alive2, ecc.. in unesco world heritage right-now...!!!:applause:

1 person likes this.
  8. zooyou

zooyou Junior Member

I have to say I really like Gene's 78 solo album. I like it from the first time i heard it. Its totally not KISS Sound,but i like it just cuz its very melodic kinda in a Beatles way

9. Eric Smith

Eric Smith Senior Member

Wait a minute.....you can't just come on MLP, find a KISS thread, and post that you love Gene's solo album on you very first post and expect people to take you seriously. :laugh2:

1 person likes this.
  10. zooyou

zooyou Junior Member

expect people to take me seriously?nope,never thought about this.:rolleyes:
    [SIZE=-1]I was just surprised[/SIZE] none here like the best one of KISS '78 solo albums.

11. Thumpalumpacus

I agree that they're a tribute band. If you look at the setlist from their Cruise gigs, only two songs on it were post-1977. Two songs.

That speaks volumes about what they think they represent. They are an homage to the younger version of the band, and nothing more.

To answer your question: the Who, if they toured tomorrow, would be a tribute band too. The Stones? Perhaps, perhaps not. It depends on whether they're bringing new material to the table, or not. When Kiss stops touring on past glory, and puts their chips on their current output, then they won't be a tribute band.

Honestly, they should have hung it up in 1984, at the latest.

3 people like this.
  12. 69chargerse

69chargerse Senior Member

I gotta tell you, I wish they played more of the obscure stuff that they play on the cruises, and more from Revenge forward...

Thump, I also have to disagree about them being a tribute band. Members come and go, from them to Van Halen to Journey to the two I originally listed. Nobody calls then tribute bands. But I hear what you are saying. We can agree to disagree. LOL

13. Eric Smith

Eric Smith Senior Member

The difference between KISS and other bands changing members is that they don't make those other members protray someone else. The Who doesn't make Zak Starkey pretend to be Keith moon. The Stones don't make Ronnie Wood or didn't make Mick Taylor pretend to be Brian Jones.

3 people like this.
  14. Thumpalumpacus

I'm not saying that they're a tribute because they only have two original members. I'm saying they're a tribute because they're not doing anything very current in the live setting.

That might change with the new album, I dunno. But when even their costumes hearken back to 1976-77, they're not moving ahead. They're paying tribute to a past that's 35 years gone. It's just my view, and I know that not everyone shares it. But I think it's just as valid as any other view put out there.

3 people like this.
  15. The Archer

The Archer Senior Member

I used to be a huge KISS fan. Then I hit puberty.

1 person likes this.
  16. zooyou

zooyou Junior Member

I'd rather they are a "live tribute" band still put out new music which i like.
    but if they quit after 1984, they'd just be a once popular band and forgotten by most folks

1 person likes this.
  17. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

18. moncrete

moncrete Senior Member

...and now?
    the meaning of your words...?:hmm: