Kiss Demands Interviewer to Take Off Iron Maiden T-shirt

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by rxbandit, Jan 8, 2018.

1. nauc

nauc Senior Member

2. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

lol, he sure didn't have a problem hosting a radio show glomming onto the music of others ... fvckin' poser.

Loved me some BF back in the day, glad I never heard that interview then, would have ruined the script with his pretentiousness.

3. Marshall & Moonshine

Marshall & Moonshine Senior Member

Even if I took off all my clothes, I have no idea what I’d even ask them. It would be like the Chris Farley Show.

4. DADGAD

DADGAD Senior Member

I have that shirt. Makes people furrow their brow.

SteveGangi and Who like this.
  5. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

looked like Paul was trying to be funny and gene was being a dick

6. fry

fry Senior Member

I wouldn’t get too bent outta shape over this. If this is how they treat people, they’ll never make it in show business. I give ‘em a year tops.

7. MikeC

MikeC Senior Member

It's an butthole move, but I respect KISS' prerogative in protecting the commercial value of their brand.

I have neither love for Rollins nor his behaviour. You can be punk, but you don't have to behave like you're overcompensating for not having a date on your prom night.

Ginger Beer and Tim Fezziwig like this.
  8. VerbalPuke

VerbalPuke Senior Member

I’ve met Henry before, my wife has met him a few times. He’s actually pretty cool to his fans these days. He used to do spoken word tours, and after the show he’d come out of his bus and meet with fans.

He would sign anything, and basically talk about anything you wanted to talk about. He’s very stoic and stone faced, but friendly and no ego.

I’ve seen that interview posted, and well yeah, he’s a dick there. I think he was a bit too aggro as a youngster but has mellowed out. The comments section seems to indicate the kid interviewing was trying to push his buttons with the “hows the tour” question, but Henry probably could have handled it better.

Greg Ginn is a turd though. One of my favorite guitar players, but man, what a knob.

9. Tim Fezziwig

Tim Fezziwig Senior Member

V, I stood next to Henry at City Gardens as he "mocked" Venom, doing "cutesy" Devil horns. A clown. I like Henry-he has an "act." Venom blew Flag away that night! I saw Greg play in three CRAP bands in one night at the Kyber. I did not back down to him at the bar, I told him these bands were JUNK, he should swallow his pride and rejoin Flag, then I made him sign my PAF. Attitude? Yawn, come to Philly were attitude is THE LAW.

10. EasyAce

EasyAce Senior Member

You ever heard of masochism? ;)

Tim Fezziwig likes this.
  11. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

Lol totally different, vh did the no brown M&M's thing because they were pissed because it seemed as though no promoters were actually reading their rider. So they did it to prove a point. Axl, yes, just s sick who needs to get over his Jesus complex.

James R, Who and northernguitarguy like this.
  12. Ginger Beer

Ginger Beer Senior Member

I saw him during a spoken word tour back around 1990. He was so full of himself it hurt. Nothing wrong with being confident but he crossed well over the line towards arrogance and spent about 75 minutes just tearing other people down to make himself look important. I lost all respect for him that day.

Tim Fezziwig, Thumpalumpacus and Who like this.
  13. Who

Who I'm back. Back in the New York groove.

I wish Ace was there for that interview. He would have giggled uncomfortably the entire time.

14. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

I love gene's reaction to Ace in this video.

Tim Fezziwig likes this.
  15. Who

Who I'm back. Back in the New York groove.

The entertainment in that video is to watch Gene!

When Ace makes a "joke" about kids being sad that they overpaid for Kiss tickets, you could feel Gene's disgust.

By the end of the Tom Snyder interview, even I would have been calling the lawyers to look over Ace's contract, and started the search for Tommy Thayer.

Working with Ace must have been a huge chore for Gene. Gene takes his schtick seriously.

16. Malikon

Malikon Henshin! V.I.P. Member

I went to eBay to buy a Maiden shirt and got this one...

front.jpg

I did it wrong. :laugh2:

Oh well maybe next time I'll grab that Stranger in a Strange Land shirt.

James R and Tim Fezziwig like this.
  17. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

Yeah, I've never met him, so my opinion is worth every penny you've paid for it.

18. VerbalPuke

VerbalPuke Senior Member

I do pay for internet, so in a way I did pay for your opinion. :cheers2:

I guess it depends on the day of the week you meet/see some rockstars. Might be good might be bad. Might be Fezz.

19. Tim Fezziwig

Tim Fezziwig Senior Member

V, I would shake your hand, look you in the eyes, nod....I was raised right. I'm courteous to ALL, even JERKS, especially JERKS, they do not understand.

20. lunchbox

lunchbox Senior Member

I had a friend that worked at Hank's publishing company. She loved Hank...until he fired her for answering a fan letter for him from a guy in prison, which was apparently verboten. She didn't like him so much after that. But while she was there she took my SOA 7" in and had him sign it for me.

I had another friend that is/was a higher up at SST. He loves Greg. I met Greg once in Cleveland at a GONE show in 1994. He was cool and signed my BF t-shirt. GONE sucked though. Everything he's done since BF has sucked, imo.