Kirk Hammett seems to be playing "Greeny" a lot live! Now Gibson needs to get with Hetfield.

Discussion in 'Vintage Les Pauls' started by jlb32, Aug 18, 2017.

1. jlb32

jlb32 Senior Member

I personally love that Kirk bought this guitar and uses it on the road several songs a night. Plus he has his Gibson Flying V signature.

Now I wish Gibson would get their head out of their ass and do something with Hetfield. He has such a large Gibson collection and loves Gibson guitars. Saw him playing a Gibson Explorer the other night live and it sounded awesome. Just had a punch and clarity his ESP didn't seem to offer IMO.

2. GuitarMechanic

GuitarMechanic Senior Member

That would be very cool yes

jlb32 likes this.
  3. Who

Who are you? Who who who who.... Premium Member

He could join Slash....for famously playing a fake Gibson.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    RAG7890 likes this.
  4. jlb32

jlb32 Senior Member

True that V is not a real Gibson but his first real guitar was a Gibson SG his mother gave him the money to buy and have you ever seen his Gibson collection? He probably owns more Gibsons, including Original Bursts, than ESP's.

Look at the rack behind him in that picture. They seem to be almost all Gibsons.

Who likes this.
  5. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins Senior Member

That V is an Electra V not a fake Gibson, I think he added a Gibson truss rod cover at some point.

6. jlb32

jlb32 Senior Member

Yeah, Hetfield has stated that for years. It's pretty common knowledge that V is not a real Gibson and a Electra he has had for years with the added Gibson truss rod cover. Thanks