Kemper stand?

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Shai`tan, May 28, 2017.

1. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Senior Member

What is everyone using for a stand for their Kemper? I just ordered the "On Stage MIX400 Mixer Stand". It should do the job nicely for me. Might have to tweak/mod it a bit.

90885.jpg

G

2. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

I'm rockin a desk currently :laugh2:

rabidhamster likes this.
  3. rabidhamster

rabidhamster Senior Member

I don't know about a rolly stand man, I might rather set it on furniture or a speaker cabinet, but that looks neat! I wouldn't put my mixer on it either though unless that entire base is heavy metal instead of what looks like plastic

4. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I have a 6u rack case, that houses my Axe FX, Saphire mixer/AI, Matrix amp and Furman power supply/conditioner et al. KPA Toaster sits on that. That whole thing sits on my 'studio' table.

5. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Senior Member

Well, the Stand is primarily for at home tbh. It has 2 locking wheels. So I will be locking those. If it seems pretty stable... I might try it at a friends house for basement jam type stuff. And it is a hard plastic base I believe. But the Kemper Head is so light, I think this will work fine. The Stand is supposed to be rated for 85 lbs. But proof is always in the pudding. ;p

6. Rocco Crocco

Rocco Crocco Senior Member

I have been considering one of these for my Helix since I bought the thing. I just can't justify the expense or floor space. It looks like a nice piece, though.

Shai`tan likes this.
  7. lowmach

lowmach Senior Member

Temp stand while I sort out what amps I'll keep and then I plan to buy a small rack case to sit on a shelf under my standing desk. Kevin, your old SL is a keeper. I leave it at a friends house where we often jam. One of the house favorites!

[​IMG]

Shai`tan likes this.
  8. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Senior Member

Well the Stand arrived. And it is really well built.... accept for the area where it attaches to the Base. The Base is actually nicely done, but you can see this is where they skimped a tad... in the fit into the Base... and the Base material. But I have an idea for a small mod that will correct that. Even if I don`t do the mod, the Stand handles the Kemper weight np. But better safe than sorry eh? ;p

cybermgk likes this.
  9. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

yeppers

10. MusicLaw

MusicLaw Senior Member

I'm interested in knowing more about the Mod you are contemplating for the MIX400. What do you see could be improved? I've been considering a MIX400's for occasional use with my Helix.

11. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Senior Member

20170601_140458.jpg Ok people. We need to have a do-over here as far as the On Stage MIX400 Mixer Stand is concerned. I checked how far into the base I was able to get the center pole.... and it is in there really deep/well. Infact I tried to remove it, and no way is it even budging. It ain`t coming out. I`d say anyone who has reviewed The OnStage Stand who gave the base a negative.... prolly didn`t seat that center pole well enough into the base.

So imho opinion, the base is not the Achilles Heel of this stand. If the center pole into base issue is the reason you may be on the fence, imo don`t be worried. Mine is near rock solid.

I did however find the REAL and only issue as far as my particular Stand is concerned. At the top of the center pole is a welded on nut that allows a bolt with a knurled wheel handle to thread in to hold the adjustable part that holds a mixer/amp whathaveyou. This morning I was getting ready to put my Kemper on there and thought I`d give it a flex to check the strength again.

Gave it a teeny flex and I heard a "SNAP" sound. Low and behold, the manufacturers Welder guy only had it tack welded, and not well done at that. 3 of the Welders tacks gave. It should have been welded around the whole nut.... really. I took my center pole to the Shop, and sandblasted it around that nut. My buddy is going to Tig weld that nut on better later today. Then I`ll rattlecan some black on there. GtoG!

Again, I think this Stand is pretty sweet otherwise. Sorry for the long story short! ;p

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    MusicLaw likes this.
  12. lowmach

lowmach Senior Member

Good thing you gave it the flex test... hope it works out for you.

Shai`tan likes this.
  13. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Senior Member

Got it Tig welded/fixed about 2 hours ago. It is solid/strong. Hit it with some Black, you can`t tell it was worked on.

MusicLaw and Rocco Crocco like this.