Kemper question on IR Cabs

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by kfowler8, Nov 8, 2017.

1. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

I've got a question on the Kemper that I haven't quite been able to figure out. I think I understand it correctly that you can use an IR of a cab/mic combination with your Kemper. E.g. I have a Two Notes Torpedo Live that I make an IR of a Marshall 4x12 and my favorite mic. So now I have the profile of the two.

Can't I now load this into the Kemper?

If you can, does the Kemper allow you to profile just the amp and not the cab/mic? E.g. I have a Marshall JCM 800 and I want to profile just the head. Can I then pair the profiled head with the profiled cabinet?

Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

2. NotScott

NotScott Silver Supporter Premium Member

For your amp, you need a DI or other device to profile the amp only. This is called a Direct Profile.

For your IR, you need to use CabMaker to turn your IR .wav file into a .kipr file that Kemper can use. You should make sure your IRs are sampled at 44.1KHz 24-bit to best match the Kemper processing.

Although the manuals aren't very clear, there are many discussions about the details of doing this at Kemper's forum site.

Also, here is a video by Kemper on importing IRs:

Stuff, KenG and kfowler8 like this.
  3. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

Thanks! Very helpful.

My Torpedo Live has a Direct Out on it. So I could use it as a load box and then run the direct out to the Kemper.

4. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Yes, you could.

kfowler8 likes this.