Kemper Amp, what you can do AFTER....

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by nicolasrivera, Feb 9, 2012.

1. babatube

babatube Senior Member

that's the best amp simulator i heard so far...
    still it does sound digital and has that lack of body in the sound.
    the problem with these amp simulators is they do sound great on their own but when your overall band mix is done, you can feel something is missing.
    i dig it though:thumb:, i think it's a great tool to work with.

1 person likes this.
  2. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

You still haven't answered the question Nico.

3. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Senior Member

I know what you mean, and that last final thing no body can duplicate digitally is the movement of air, there is an interaction of something that happens only when air is moved by a cab.

1 person likes this.
  4. nicolasrivera

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Keep hitting your self for that answer man......:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Luckynumber3

Luckynumber3 Senior Member

Imo, if the solid state tubes don't cost a fortune and don't sound different from real tubes (in a bad way), then I can see use for them.

Since they are guaranteed for life and aren't supposed to burn out, they could help an amp stay at optimal performance forever. Also, if you don't have access to good tubes, these give you more options that can last long (im guessing you won't have to worry about plugging these in and having it end up as a dud).

Not to mention one of those tubes had 20% more gain than a 12ax7, so I can see some benefits there.

Besides that, yeah, I can see why people are turned off by them, but I wouldn't mind owning an amp with them. Maybe I am just fascinated by new tech or something? (After all, NOS tubes are obviously not being produced anymore, so in the future we will either have to deal with the reproduction tubes that are out there now or make something new, and I vote for trying something new)

1. It is based off of a mesa boogie, which isn't exactly a creamy sounding amp.:lol:

2. The guy is screwing around with settings, most that sound like turd. I think alot of guitarists generally do not prefer hi gain sounds, especially on mlp and gear talk places, and this guy isn't exactly making it sound the best (since he is just demoing sounds quickly).

I do agree that it doesn't sound as good as other demos though, and it makes me want to see more to see if I still like this amp as much as I thought.

6. eddy999

eddy999 Senior Member

Don't get me wrong - i'm a high gain fan for sure.. I think the problem here is that the EQ has such a great effect on the tone it is obviously easy to make the amp sound not at all like the profiled amp, as the amp's own EQ wouldn't have anywhere near as profound an effect. Again for the other settings - some of which made it not sound at all like a real amp.

7. rocknhorse1

rocknhorse1 Senior Member

I'm with Paul here. You can't profile the tone stack slope resistor of the amps, so the tone stack on the profiler is going to make the the profiled amp sound different when you start tweaking the knobs.
    Overall I thinks it's kinda cool, and could be used for lots of different things in a studio environment....would I buy one, probably not.
    Maybe there is a way to program it for different tone stack designs??

8. nicolasrivera

I look at it for studio and silent pleasure use only, playing live with it, well, i prefect the air movement thing....

This is the first version, imagine what the future hold for it!!!

9. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

OK...you've made it clear you don't have an answer...:thumb:

10. nicolasrivera

Your answer was pointed some threads ago, glasses perhaps Bill?

11. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

I wouldn't dismiss either technology out of hand as some in this forum have. They were both built to address a specific need that their inventors perceived currently exists in the market.

Of course there are distinct differences between digital modelling systems and analog devices but the point I'm making is that both products create their sounds via wholly tubeless systems. There are no tubes involved in the end product and we all know that unless tubes are involved then we have "failed at life" as Nico so succinctly put it.

We put analog pedals in front of our tube amps, there have been hundreds if not thousands of models of hybrid SS/tube amps including ones with SS preamps and tube output, why is it such sacriledge to put a SS device that will last forever in an all tube amp? People change preamp tubes all the time, hell Nico's butt...er...buddy Lespaul01 will sell you all the preamps you can afford.

I just think it's pretty ridiculous to dismiss out of hand anything that doesn't fit a narrow minded view of the world but hey, if that's your thing...

12. nicolasrivera

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

[​IMG]

13. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

Good to know we can always count on you for some brilliant, on-topic input Nico. Maybe instead of googling for stupid pictures you could spend some time learning how tube amps actually work and what a phase inverter does eh?

14. nicolasrivera

Ohh you are an expert??? well mister BIll the amp inverter expert, please enlighten us with your expertise input.....

Drop it Billy, you have done enough already......Go back to the backstage.:thumb:

15. Superlizard

Superlizard Senior Member

Give it to Little Johnny for a Xmas present, then plug into your vintage tube amp. :cool:

16. nicolasrivera

A tube Power amp could be better!:cool:

Thats what a lot of Axe FX owners do.

I still think its a must have for studio use but not so much for live use.

17. alexb17

alexb17 MLP Vendor

Hey man, I would not say I'm narrow minded! My post was very calmly written without any rudeness to anybody. You are kinda being rude to everybody. Put the gun down. This is a forum. everybody talks about gear. We all have our own opinions on gear. There is no reason to insult someone as narrow minded because they don't buy or like the gear you are interested in. This is kinda out of hand now!

1 person likes this.
  18. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

Alex,

I didn't mean to imply that you were narrow minded. My apologies. I agree with your sentiments for the most part. My comment about narrow minded was in reference to others.

19. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

I never claimed to be an expert but you're welcome to use the search finction to find my past posts about PIs. They're out there.

20. alexb17

alexb17 MLP Vendor

apology accepted :)