Kemper Amp, what you can do AFTER....

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by nicolasrivera, Feb 9, 2012.

1. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Senior Member

Yes, this video shows what you can tweak after you have profiled an amp.

enjoy....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr2AFJZoRuU&feature=g-u-u&context=G200211eFUAAAAHgAEAA]Kemper Profiling Amp - Metal tweaking - YouTube[/ame]

2 people like this.
  2. Luckynumber3

Luckynumber3 Senior Member

Stop giving me GAS! I really need a new amp but I would need a good set of speakers to use this thing since id mostly play without a computer, and it costs alot. But dang, as long as the electronics never crap out on this thing, I can see buying one of these things and have it able to produce amp sounds from the equivalent of many stores packed to the top in amps, and it could do that for decades! :wow:

3. rocknhorse1

rocknhorse1 Senior Member

I wonder what amps come pre-profiled when you buy it, if any at all? I would think they would have to have at least a couple on there.
    Thats the rub, you have to record the original amp into the rig, so you have to have access to the amp you want to profile, and some good recording gear, or get the profile from someone else. If you get it from someone else, you may have to pay for it. I can see a cottage industry popping up if this thing takes off. I can also see some other legality issues that may arise.

4. nicolasrivera

I put up a list of the amps that come with it on the other thread.

People are already sharing for free their profiles and soon it will be more filled with them and of course recording facilities with huge collections can make a profit.

And as for the legal side, you will only have to change the name to something similar IF you are selling the patches, like a Two Rock amp could be named Too Crook! :) amp maker don't have the power to stop you from profiling amps, just don't use brands and names, but you know on the forums, will they go after every member that uses the word Marshall or fender? If any they are the beneficiaries as you will have the opportunity to experience what that amp sounds and know that the real deal would sound a bit better if you get the same cab that it was profiled with, more buying power for everybody IMO.

5. rocknhorse1

rocknhorse1 Senior Member

Oh, those actually come with it? Cool! I thought that they had just profiled them and that was it. That is pretty cool.:thumb:

6. eddy999

eddy999 Senior Member

I found this clip much less impressive than the other demos i'd heard. Almost sounds like static/white noise in places.

7. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

1 person likes this.
  8. nicolasrivera

1 person likes this.
  9. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

Yeah...that's what I thought. Good answer relic boy. You might want to stick to shoe polish & razor blades.

10. nicolasrivera

Again, think real hard with your troll brain before questioning, you really don't seem to understand technology that much and what one this is and the other is not.....

Carry on with your rants with me, after all you are a real amusement.:laugh2::laugh2:

11. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

I asked you a simple question: how is this SS modeling preamp any better than the SS preamp tubes you crapped on on the other thread? Explain it to me.

12. lespaul01

lespaul01 Banned

I was under the assumption it was a digital Profiling/modeling amp.:shock:

13. nicolasrivera

I'll let the guy from the internet explain the two techs to you.....

[​IMG]

14. nicolasrivera

Well Billy boy thinks Kemper has real SS tube, go figure.....:facepalm:

1 person likes this.
  15. alexb17

alexb17 MLP Vendor

I'm not one for internet confrontations but I think what nicolasrivera is getting at is this...

If you want to use a tube amp, why not just put tubes in it?

and this thing does something that solid state tubes don't do. (or that any other modeling amp is doing) It apparently makes a profile of an amp that you record into it. It sounds like cutting edge technology. (at least I haven't heard about anything like it)

I don't have experience with either of these products but I don't really see any similarities between them either.

The solid state tubes don't make that much sense to me because you could just put real tubes in your amp. Why put something pretending to be a tube in your amp when you could put an actual tube in just as easy. (besides some people like experimenting with all sorts of different tubes and brands) I don't really see the advantages to these.

The kemper thing, that sounds pretty cool. i could see some studio guy setting up profiles of his favorite amps and then having them all at his finger tips when he's recording.

I wouldn't buy either of these things but I can see the usefulness of the kepler more than I can for the solid state tubes.

3 people like this.
  16. nicolasrivera

Bill and others love to provoke me, they have a really weird infatuation with me.

What you said its basically what any of us deducts by pure logic, but logic seem to elude him some how...

17. lespaul01

lespaul01 Banned

Well, he seems top have a real problem with the fact that you relic'd your axe and it looked fantastic?? :shock:
    That said, I don't know if I would have the guts to do it to mine, but it looks great.

1 person likes this.
  18. nicolasrivera

Thanks.:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  19. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

You never answered the question Nico.

Let me translate Nico speak:

I don't have any clue what I'm talking about but I'll fake it until I make it...:cool:

20. nicolasrivera

That's what you like to think....poor man.