Keeley Compressor Plus

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by Ben Grant, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Ben Grant

Ben Grant Junior Member

I'm lookin at picking up a new compressor and Ive heard that the Keeley 4 knob compressor was noisy, does anyone know anything about the Keeley compressor plus and if it noisy or not?

2. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Senior Member

Get as much info as you can by Googling it. You'll find all kinds of reviews.
    I'm sure it's not cheap. Why do you need a compressor? Play a lot of funk do you?
    Do a lot of recording do you?
    Go out & spend 40 odd bucks on the Joyo Scorpion. Does the job and more.
    BP

3. Burst Boy

Burst Boy Senior Member

I have a Keeley Compressor Pro. Although not the same as the Plus it should give an indication of Keeley quality. The pedal in itself is very quite; I don't notice any hiss or other noises generated within the pedal. If external noise is introduced such as 60 Hz hum from a single coil guitar it does become noticeable as the gain is turned up but at just above unity and below it's not noticeable. The pedal is capable of outputting +20dB of boost so it is perfectly normal to amplify any noise generated by whatever is fed into it.

4. Ben Grant

Ben Grant Junior Member

Yeah I play funk, blues, stuff like that, and was lookin for a compressor to give the tone a little boost/ sustain

5. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Senior Member

Yes Compressors are big in funk, country and in studio. Not so much blues or rock.
    Never the less I do have the Scorpion on my board and use it in association with different pedals and material 'cause I like the effect it has on certain tones.