Justice served

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Frogfur, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Frogfur

Frogfur Senior Member

Its the hardwood tire thumper truckers use to check tires.

2. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

Just a few days ago, I was on my way to the salvation army to dump off clothes after cleaning my closet out. Anyway, I pulled into the highway, there was probably more than a quarter mile between me and the car I pulled in front of and the driver didn't like that. I was going 40 in a 40 because I didn't exactly know my way. The guy rode my ass before finally pulling up next to me and flicked me off. When we made eye contact, he couldn't hold it. I think he saw me and realized, oh shit, this guy is 3-4 inches taller than me and 100lbs heavier. He sped off. I wasn't angry, I didn't become aggressive, just kept it moving. It was some ghetto hoodrat, with people like that, it's just a matter of time before they end up in the system. No point in getting worked up over it. He had to of been going 55-66mph in a 40, no regard for anyone or anything.

3. filtersweep

filtersweep Senior Member

Most places, it is more difficult to claim self-defense in public.

I just find it interesting how the OP discusses non-lethal intervention and all sorts start discussing shooting someone. We have one side of the story here.

4. Uncle Remus

Uncle Remus Silver Supporter

It was in reference to not being prosecuted for his training. My argument was as listed earlier that he was ok with force up and to lethal if confronted with a weapon that could kill you with one strike.

5. THDNUT

THDNUT Senior Member

Too bad Frog's son's encounter wasn't caught on video. That would probably go viral. :dude:

6. Frogfur

Frogfur Senior Member

I'm headed down to watch him work out in a few minutes. I have some errands in Longmont.
    His school.

7. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Nunchaku re basically a club on a short tether (to increase speed at point of contact). They are illegal I quite a few states (Illinois here being one). When I trained in weapons many moons ago, these kinds of weapons are definitely deadly. A Baseball bat, used correctly is a very dangerous and deadly weapon.

Before we started taking a .22 with us, when clearing my father's fur traps, we used a club. The club was a length of steel pipe, 2" long with a little lead in the end and a bicycle grip on the other. Some times we would find a trap with a live animal in it. It would usually be raccoons mostly, the occasional coyote or fox. The minks and muskrats usually died. At any rate, the club was to put the animal out of it's misery, as these were the old spring loaded traps. One swing, even from my then 10-12 year old body would kill the critter. Well, except for one coyote that was one tough bugger.

We eventually switched to the .22 not because that club wasn't lethal. It was. But, it had to be used at close range against hurt, back to a wall animals. They fought back.

8. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Looks very similar to Hapkido which I trained in after getting my Black Belt in another Korean art. Perhaps more strikes and less joint locks and breaks than Hapkido, but very similar.

9. Frogfur

Frogfur Senior Member

Advanced employs all of those.