Just Saw New It < Spoilers>

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Tim Fezziwig, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Tim Fezziwig

Tim Fezziwig Senior Member

NO NO NO! It is JUNK.
    They ruined the whole vibe.

1. Kids have ZERO charisma
    2. Pennywise is not scary. They have him do the "herky+jerky" when he attacks.
    3. They do not have the dam scene-that is the first "bonding" scene
    4. They make Ben the curator?Mike MUST be the caretaker
    5. Henry Bower is very weak, they have his dad be a cop-NO NO NO! Henry's father must be poor white trash, not a cop!
    6. The make Bev a "sexual creature"-have her buy tampons! NO NO NO- she must be "tomboyish" , they have her "flirting " on EVERYONE-even an old pharmacist!
    7. Ritchie is TERRIBLE- No beep beep, just snide SEX quips
    8. Bill has no "juice." He is the leader?
    9. 80's setting is bad. Kids dropping mega-F bombs. NO NO NO! Innocence is their saving grace
    10. A counter-girl tells Eddie about placebos....NO NO NO....must be the pharmacist.
    11. Stan and Mike are cut-outs.

Want me to continue?
    BAD MOVIE---1/4 FEZZ stars. Do yourself a favor-read the book and watch the Tv movie! KRIPES KRINGLE! 2017 = remakes retreads.............REJECTS!

Hack, Stevie 202, Donal and 9 others like this.
  2. Malikon

Malikon 仮面ライダー V.I.P. Member

the one bad review I saw said they turned Pennywise into a typical "Jump Scare" monster,.. and that they do it too often. Have him jump out and try to scare the audience. But since it's overdone it starts being kind of weak.

But that was the only bad review I saw, until now. :laugh2:

From what you said it does sound like they definitely changed things around a bit.

Tim Fezziwig likes this.
  3. Tim Fezziwig

12. Bill and Bev kiss......NO NO NO! Bill must be "above all that".

gcbike likes this.
  4. Tim Fezziwig

M, I lived this stuff. People are so easily pleased-character development? Who needs that?

cooljuk likes this.
  5. Malikon

Maybe it's just the times. American TV and Movies have become very formulaic and unimaginative, certainly.

at least we still have books,..for now.

Hopefully Authors keep being Authors. With all the Arts taking big critical hits these days who knows what the future holds.

cooljuk and Tim Fezziwig like this.
  6. Tim Fezziwig

M, they split it into part 1+2. Stephen King is looking for BIG BUCKS....his kid's kid's kid's futures.....CRAP!

7. freebyrd 69

freebyrd 69 Premium Member

Well now I don't feel so bad that I never saw the first one!

Byron999 and Tim Fezziwig like this.
  8. Tim Fezziwig

I can't believe what 'flys" now. . How I miss Truffaut....Hitchcock....Hell, give me "prime" Scorsese.........give me M Knight!!!!!!!!!!

Byron999 likes this.
  9. Malikon

you know the movie never compares to the book though.

Shawshank, Green Mile, Stand by Me,..they're the very rare exception where the movie is very good and really channels the spirit of the book. But they're flukes.

People just want to see a scary clown and that's (from what I read) what this movie is. It's already breaking records for a horror movie. It's made A TON of money over this past weekend.

Like...Star Wars money or something,..a ridiculous amount. I think it made more than Spiderman, (if I'm remembering the numbers right.) So at least that ensures there will definitely be a part 2.

..hey,..maybe some toys. C'mon a NECA Pennywise would be pretty cool!

Howard2k, Byron999 and Tim Fezziwig like this.
  10. Tim Fezziwig

I know Mal- no more taste. At least give me something! IT is about innocence-that is the MAIN theme. Killer Clowns have been done to death. Clowns are silly. Fearing clowns? Come to Philly---FEAR THE TRASH! This is a good Clown Movie.

mdubya, 05jrock and cooljuk like this.
  11. Malikon

Whenever I watch a Rocky movie I do sort of want to move to Philly. :laugh2:

Tim Fezziwig likes this.
  12. gcbike

gcbike Senior Member

Just wonder how bad part two will be since they pretty much ruined the whole thing with the first part.

Tim Fezziwig likes this.
  13. Tim Fezziwig

M, Philly is pure Id. Philly people take what they want-damn the consequences. By 8th grade I was "turned."

"Tim , what do you want to do tonight?"
    "Drink until I puke. Eat until I puke. Puke until I puke."

Many parties I was STONE drunk by 9Pm. The girls had their own 1/4 bags! People would visit from other states- see many fistfights+alcohol +drug Ods+ car wrecks.......

"Wow. Is this real?"
    "Yup, this is only Friday...just wait until Saturday!"

cooljuk, Byron999 and Malikon like this.
  14. Tim Fezziwig

g, it will make HUGE $. Just throw in some loud music and jump-cuts.

"OHHH AHHHHHHH that's entertainment."

15. Tim Fezziwig

I'm a snob. MLP go see IT- LOVE IT-do not be embarrassed. I watched this last night. I kept telling Mrs. FEZZ,

"Look at the glorious grain."

redjunior and Malikon like this.
  16. cooljuk

cooljuk Transducer Producer Premium Member MLP Vendor

I don't believe reviews and ratings from the media anymore. I know the bar has been lowered to the point of a limbo contest but Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB, Fandango - I don't think they are any more authentic than the Emmys or the Nobel Peace Prize or product reviews on retailer sites. Call me paranoid - I'll don that foil hat with pride - but I think they are all in cahoots. The sponsors and the film studios are the same entities. The rating sites are probably the same, too. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out they are deleting the criticism, fudging the numbers, and bumping the hyped reviews that sell tickets and soft drinks. Just stroking each other, to respectfully use a "Fezzism."

Remakes and part 2's are generally a guaranteed fail anyway. At least in recent years. Sure, there have been exceptions, but I'm highly skeptical of any comic, book, or older movie that's been "new and improved for your viewing pleasure" these days.

I trust a MLP review over any of the big ones. Sorry to hear it was a disappoint. Wish I was shocked. I'm, unfortunately, expecting the same of Blade Runner, which was also a favorite of mine.

mdubya, Tim Fezziwig and Malikon like this.
  17. Tim Fezziwig

c, I know cinema. I was a boy when BLOCKBUSTERS appeared. I saw Star Wars, Jaws, Rocky, Close Encounters.....first run as a childe. I then became a man and went to hundreds of foreign and ART films. I was a VIP at The Ritz Theatre in Philly. I understand the difference between a "cheap thrill" and a work of "ART." ART stays with you, invades your thoughts and dreams. IT was just "average." The film is already fading and I saw it 6 hours ago. A film like Fitzcarraldo never leaves me. Haunting image after haunting image-the difference between a 'one-night stand" and a "soul-mate." Life is too short for "one-night stands."

18. Malikon

I like how you have "Spoilers" in the title, and your spoiler was basically, "It kind of sucked." :laugh2:

Go Tim, Go!

Howard2k and Tim Fezziwig like this.
  19. Zipslack

Zipslack Member

SPOILER

There's apparently a book that tells what happens in the second movie!

20. Tim Fezziwig

Z, I just re-read IT- a classic. His best, along with The Stand.

Stevie 202 and dave b like this.