Just got back my 69 from Pleking

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by mapleflame, Apr 3, 2007.

1. mapleflame

mapleflame Senior Member

Man, you guys should send your guitars to Phil at Philtone.com he did an amazing job on my refret and plek. Where the great work comes from is the hand polishing. The plek machine scans the whole fret board and even pluks the string to see the vibration in relation to the frets and fretboard. A computer printout of all the highs and lows of the board and frets with maximum and minimum tolerances for fret height. Just nuts over the top. I gigged with the 69 Saturday for two of the four sets. Played like a dream.:applause:

2. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

I seen one of those PLEK machine while I was at Gibson very Robotic & percise

3. Nothinspecial

Nothinspecial Member

Hey MF,
    Is that the GT you recently got with all the mojo? I'm diggin that guit fiddler. Glad it turned out so good. I'd love to get my R7 Pleked but I need to get a back up first. I'm also a little scared to ship my girl anywhere. Maybe if I get a better case and ship next day air so less hands touch it. :confused: I wish someone here in Houston would get one. Even Dallas would be close enough for a road trip.

4. mapleflame

mapleflame Senior Member

No thats the one Dave Johnson restored. It's an earlier 69 that came with P90's. the road warn one is a later 69 that would have had mini hums before the rout.