JUST 3 discounted ReWind Electric humbucker sets available here...

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by cooljuk, Oct 31, 2017.

1. cooljuk

cooljuk Transducer Producer Premium Member MLP Vendor

double post

2. cooljuk

(BUMP)

If electronics are sexy, this is Lady Land!

[​IMG]

Alligatorbling and rockinlespaul like this.
  3. cooljuk

I-painted-a-burst-bump.

[​IMG]

Alligatorbling likes this.
  4. cooljuk

Two sets still available:

Low Output PAF Set - Polished Nickel Covers - $250 ($150 off!)

PAF-1 A5 set with overwound bridge - Double White - $250 ($150 off!)

Who likes this.
  5. cooljuk

Two of the my most popular pickup sets still available. Always funny how the ones I think will go first go last!

6. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove Member

Those PAF-1's seem pretty tempting. You wouldn't happen to want to make a small donation to the Dr. Strangelove Foundation for the Betterment of Tone, would you?

7. cooljuk

You know, I actually have "PAF-1 A4s magnets and hotter pickup in bridge. Harness with lower value pots in bridge location." as my spreadsheet notes from the 2017 ReWind Summer Giveaway that you entered a demo video in.

If I were to put A4 magnets in these pickups, they would fit the prescription perfectly!

What kind of donation are you looking for? Does a fantastic price on a custom tailored set for your personal guitar/rig/style count? :D

8. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove Member

They most certainly would fit the description to a tee. Even with the A5's they still sound really, really good too. Alas, I am but a poor college student with a budget comparable to a Goodwill clearance basket of old VHS tapes. The only donations I could bear to accept are those of the "free" category*.

*also accepting offers of original 1950's and 60's Gibsons at or below market value of new Gibson models

9. cooljuk

Haha! I see. Well, if it's of any interest I just yesterday posted some nice studio demos of swapping A4 vs A5 magnets in my PAF-1 set to show the exact differences.

http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/audio-demos-of-magnet-swapping-in-the-same-pickups.401244/

Everything, including the strings and pickup heights, is exactly the same in the demos. Just swapped the mags.

Got any cool gear to trade? :dunno:

10. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove Member

You know, I actually find myself favoring the A5 in the neck there. Just a bit more brightness and sparkle that really works. The A4 is definitely my pick for the bridge though-- it has that fatness and woodiness all bridge pickups need. Unfortunately, I don't have anything I'd consider trading right now. I did find out early on the best practice is to only buy gear you really, really like so that you don't regret it at a later date. I do have an old, non-functional Shure voice and instrument control console that I found for cheap at a thrift store one day, but I doubt you'd really want it (besides, I need that thing fixed if I want to pretend I'm a qualified studio engineer like Steven Wilson).

11. cooljuk

I hear you about trading gear. I've sort of come to that conclusion, myself. I've traded away so much stuff I wish I still had. Usually, it was logical decisions for good reasons so I don't generally regret them, but I do miss the gear at the same time. I tend to hang onto analog and older stuff, especially, now. Digital and technology based stuff, I am a little looser with, as it gets dated.

I may get another console one day and stop working inside the box but I think when I do I will build a custom one. I've had so many and know just what I like. It'd be more of a mastering console. No more then 8 channels, but really high end components with transformer inputs. Just thinking about it makes me want to build one!

Well, if you miss this deal on the humbuckers, you still have a "$100 off a set" coupon code from the 2017 Summer Giveaway you entered, so you'll still be able to get a deal down the road. :thumb:

Dr. Strangelove likes this.
  12. cooljuk

PAF-1 set is SOLD!

This leaves only the Low Output PAF set remaining. As usual, the one I expected to sell first is the somehow last to go! It seems to always happen that way. :dunno: So, who wants 'em?!

Low Output PAF Set - Polished Nickel Covers - $250 ($150 off!)
    7.2k short A2 neck / 7.8k long A2 bridge

Here's 5 demos from 5 different artists of this set...

13. cooljuk

Last set right above, there.

If you're waiting for a Black Friday sale - I've never done one and don't plan to start. These are the only sales I ever do. Right here on MLP. Exchanges, prototypes, extras, and stuff I build just for kicks, goes up for sale here so you folks can have a chance to see what ReWind is all about at a discounted cost of entry.

For Thanksgiving, I plan to spend time with family, nature, and appreciate all that we have to be grateful for. I'm just not interested in working harder for less money and more stress. I also won't be waiting in any lines or refreshing the screen in anticipation of online sales. I like to use the time to find peace, relax and reflect. Good food and candle light with warm drinks and hopefully get out and interact with the community a bit, as well. Maybe an actual printed-on-paper book (though probably a technical manual, knowing me). I used to do all the stressful stuff this time of year. No more of that for me!

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend and can find it peaceful and refreshing, as well.

BadMojo likes this.
  14. BadMojo

BadMojo MLP Vendor

Nice looking and sounding pickups!