June Backing Track of the Month

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons' started by kfowler8, Jun 1, 2013.

1. GBLEV

GBLEV Senior Member

You know, I'm not sure. It is written on the box. I never worry about it because my amp bias each tube individually, automatically. Let me see...

Ok, this is how they read:
    Tube 1 = 74.5/5.3
    Tube 2 = 78/5.3
    Tube 3 = 67.3/5.1
    Tube 4 = 64.2/4.9

2. Naukuga

Naukuga Senior Member

This thread is amazing. I may be a little too shy to post my tracks, but i'm definitively going to follow this each month!

3. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

I promise you that no one will make fun of or harshly criticize anything you post. This is a place to learn. Give it a shot. It gets easier after the first time.

3 people like this.
  4. Sct13

Sct13 Premium Member

+1

We are all teachers here, there's no fear of ridicule or judgment. Please Post...:)

2 people like this.
  5. Dools

Dools Senior Member

Unless all you play is the Ukulele or Kazoo :Ohno:

All kidding aside, Don't feel this is a place to be judged rather than a place to express your self. Like the Nike slogan say's....."Just Do It"

1 person likes this.
  6. parts

parts Senior Member

Welcome to the group..and have no reluctance we are all here to share..help each other..and learn..
    As you have read the posts..a great group..

Don't be shy..jump in the pool..lots of friends here..

7. GBLEV

GBLEV Senior Member

O.K., not much to say here, but better late than never. I finally got around to recording this yesterday and finished it today. So here it is:

[SC]http://soundcloud.com/gblev/mlp-june-master-mp3[/SC]

3 people like this.
  8. Sct13

Sct13 Premium Member

Interesting tone there, with some interweaving of the main melody, not bad....:thumb:

9. GBLEV

GBLEV Senior Member

Thanks, however I wish I could had more time to work on it. I rushed to get it done because I am dog sitting some puppies this weekend for my neices and they are a handfull. I recorded it yesterday and mixed it today and I had to rush through it. This is the first time I listened to it outside of Pro Tools without my headphones, and I wish I wouldn't have ran the BT through a maximizer. It was sounding decent through headphones, but I should have checked it with speakers.

I felt like this track was more of a verse-chorus structure than a solo section. So I figured I would solo over the verse parts and I would follow the "chorus".

I really like this thread, because it really challenges you to step outside your comfort zone. I keep my guitar tuned down 1/2 step, so I'm playing everything up one fret from what I normally do and it is challenging to say the least. Especially when you try to improvise through some parts that you haven't figured out what your going to play next.

Bring on the next one!

10. Sct13

Sct13 Premium Member

Yea I get it.....never rush anything....but its there and done time to move on.

You suggested using my backing track so I asked Kevin and he posted it for the July Sessions. Head on over....! :wave:

1 person likes this.
  11. GBLEV

GBLEV Senior Member

Great tone on this take. It's a good thing I didn't get a chance to hear this before I recorded mine or I would of had a hard time getting some of your melodies out my head. That was good and very melodic.

Edit: I'm sorry, I just realized you posted this awhile back, I missed it somehow and just saw it when I was downloading July's BT. Well, like I stated earlier, that was a good thing, or I might have copied some of it, lol.

12. gadafi

gadafi Senior Member

Here's my ideas for the June tune.... Very rough but as per July, ya get the idea.... Best listened to on Acid.
    [SC]https://soundcloud.com/hippy-club/mlp-june-2013[/SC]

1 person likes this.
  13. Tchap

Tchap Senior Member

Nice thick tone, like you had a Robin Trower thing going on there. I didn't have any acid handy, so, I just got some Canada Dry ginger ale and cran-grape. It seemed to work though.

1 person likes this.
  14. gadafi

gadafi Senior Member

Hey thanks T! The acid comment was because I thought it was kind of a retro behind the mix sound.

Can't say I've listened to much of Trower although a mate of mine is right into him. Will have to have a better listen now...

This was my frankenstrat with DG 20's through a V-Studio 20 into Reaper. I doubled the track for a bit more punch while trying to leave it behind the mix for the most part.

I have tried Canada Dry ginger ale and cran-grape only once - I had giant crickets eating my dog and aliens drinking my beer.... never again man :shock:

Cheers!