Joyo Pedals Inexpensive Group Of Three

Discussion in 'Tonefreaks' started by rednefceleb, Mar 7, 2018.

1. rednefceleb

rednefceleb Senior Member

I'm going to post pics of an analog delay/ a TS-808 clone/ an OCD clone. I've had the most expensive and in many cases cheaper is not as good. In the case of these three examples, I believe that they are every bit as good as their far more expensive counterparts. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] The delay runs about $29 and reaches 440 ms. The Vintage Overdrive runs about $24 & replicates a TS-808. The Ultimate Drive runs about $28 and replicates an OCD. The analog delay is very nice. The last two sound just like their counterparts. :) If you're looking for these type of effects you will like these replicas. :)

bulletproof, CFFF, wulfman and 3 others like this.
  2. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

This thread would be better received in Pedals. But I second the sentiment. I use three Joyo Ironman pedals. I have the Raptor Flanger, Wow-Wah and Wooden Sound acoustic sim. All three are excellent.
    The WS always amazes my whole band every time I kick it on for the end of Band On The Run. We've been playing this for over a year now, but they still do a double-take every time we rehearse it. Alone, it's no match for a real acoustic guitar. But in the mix, especially when strumming, the effect is remarkable. If I kick on the chorus, I'm playing a '12-string'.
    The RF is the last in a search for a suitable replacement for an EH Deluxe Electric Mistress. Damn if that wasn't the nicest sounding flanger swirl I've ever heard. I bought it to play Andy Summers stuff. But it was also a real estate hog. I tried an EHX Stereo Mistress (worst ever!); an MXR Micro Flanger (awesome, but also too loud, could not find unity volume with it when pushed with distortion); a Yamaha FL 10MII (really great with distortion, but lacked for clean); in the end, the Joyo was the sweetest of the three. Plays really well with distortion (hello Barracuda), my favourite FX combo. Lovely when clean, when I feed my chorus pedal into it, I can get damn close the DEM sound I love so much.
    The Wow-Wah is a funky little monkey. I started out with an EHX Mini Q-Tron (also a space hog) and really loved it for playing some stanky grooves. Awesome for playing Superstition. In a search for a smaller package, I tried a Digitech Synth Wah (incredibly variable pedal, but not organically funky enough); a vintage DOD FX25 Envelope Filter (nice for Rock stuff, but failed the FAT FUNK test); finally, the Wow-Wah was the winning solution. Lacks the frequency switch on the Q-Tron, but I don't play much bass anymore; for guitar it brings the perfect fat quack needed for FUNK.
    I also briefly messed around with their Ironman Rushing Train, which is a VOX Night Train Amp sim in a pedal. Curious choice for an amp to emulate, it also happens to be my main amp for cleans. I wanted to recreate my setup for headphones. Worked well through an analog cab sim, but it turns out I hate playing through headphones, period. It's up for sale at a steal of a price.
    Obligatory pedalboard pic:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  3. rednefceleb

Wow, I thought I put this in pedals. :) Oh well, one of ours admins. may move it. I would move the entire thread but don't know how. You have a nice, neat pedalboard. Very tight. I'm glad a positive response came up on this subject. That's one thing that I have to do is put a board together. Something solid, not velcro on velcro. :wave::slash: I've heard good things about the Shaky Jimi Vibe...I listened to it on Youtube and I've decided on a Dry Bell Vibe 1. They are amazing. Not an expression pedal, just a button pedal with <many> settings.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  4. bad565ss

bad565ss Senior Member

I recently got the Ultimate Drive and it pushed my Soulfood off my board. Really has a nice smooth tone.

bulletproof and rednefceleb like this.
  5. jdto

jdto Pretend Human Premium Member

I had a bunch of the Ironman pedals (sold @northernguitarguy the Raptor Flanger) and they were impressive. I went to a Helix for a while and now I'm back to pedals. I was thinking about throwing together a compact board of Joyo Ironman pedals. I could probably fit 8-10 of them in the space where I currently have four.

6. rednefceleb

It's amazing to pay so little for a fine sounding pedal! The Joyo Analog Delay is great up to 440 milliseconds. The Vintage Overdrive is as good or better than a TS-808. :)

jdto and bulletproof like this.
  7. rednefceleb

Yeah, headphones are for studio only. What do the brown and purple pedals do?

jdto and northernguitarguy like this.
  8. rednefceleb

The Ultimate O.D. is amazing. I mean, pedals are just electronic parts. A pedal should not have to cost $220! I am making one exception, a Drybell 'Vibe One'. You probably know about those. A great sounding Unvibe. If you haven't heard one, go to YouTube and take a listen. Not 'an expression' pedal but a button. It has many settings. Many settings indeed. It sounds like Robin Trower's effect. Very 'thick and cloudy'.

9. rednefceleb

It's good to hear all of these good messages about these pedals. The $30 'Vintage Overdrive' is an absolute TS-808 clone.With the 4558 chip in it. The anolgue delay goes to 440ms. It's really a sweet delay with very responsive controls. I'll have to check the 'Ironman' pedals out.

northernguitarguy and jdto like this.
  10. northernguitarguy

Brown is the acoustic sim and the purple is the auto-wah.

11. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Oxblood Addict V.I.P. Member

The Joyo Ultimate Drive is a great pedal for the money.

12. chupe442

chupe442 Confused as ever..... Premium Member

LOVE my Dyna comp!
    [​IMG]

13. bulletproof

bulletproof aka tarddoggy Premium Member V.I.P. Member

+1.....amazingly so.

14. jdto

The Ironman pedals are more expensive and get into the price range of some more established brands. That said, the Ironman series has a few benefits that make them competitive. They sound good, which is important (obviously personal preference is a factor here), they are tough, rugged metal cases, they have a little flip-up shield that protects your settings when handling them and they are tiny. You can fit two of them into the footprint of a regular pedal.

15. jdto

Hmmm.... :hmm:

I just mocked this up for some fun. Damn GAS...

That's a 15" x 5.5" (roughly) pedalboard. Ten pedals on a board that would fit on the back of my gigbag. I can see some possible cabling challenges, but overall this could work with a bit of creative cable management.

upload_2018-3-16_14-3-52.png

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. northernguitarguy

Some good deals here. I ordered my Mooer SkyVerb from them, great service.
    https://www.musicexpresscanada.com/product-category/effect-pedals/ironman-series/?orderby=price

bulletproof and jdto like this.
  17. jdto

18. Rds

Rds Senior Member

Rednefceleb I bought a shaky Jimi and really like it. Although my on off switch is getting wonky already. I may have to check out one of these you posted. The analogue delay sounds interesting.

19. northernguitarguy

Why not stick with the Helix? Just curious, our bass player now uses one and it looks awesome.

jdto likes this.
  20. jdto

I ask myself that same question quite frequently :doh:.

GAS? Curiosity? Dumbassedness?

Probably the latter...