Joe Walsh using a Vox?

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by milehigh331, Jan 28, 2014.

1. milehigh331

milehigh331 Member

I was watching Guitar Sessions tonight on AXS Tv and they had Joe Walsh on. He still sounded great. Really good to see him sober and enjoying life. Anyway I am not 100% sure he was using this particular amp but right behind him was a cream colored Vox AC15 or 30. Has he switched to using Vox? I though he was a Fender guy but I didn't see a Fender anywhere on stage. Also found it interesting that he was playing some Les Paul looking guitars with P90s in them. Great show if you have a chance to check it out.

2. Backstage

Backstage Senior Member

This one?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbmtW31oAj8]Joe Walsh "Funk #49" Guitar Center Sessions on DIRECTV - YouTube[/ame]

3. user xyz

user xyz Senior Member

4. Chuck M

Chuck M Senior Member

I recorded that show. Fantastic!

Chuck M

5. dmraco

dmraco Senior Member

It was an awesome show. He sounded great. Actually liked the interview too. Amazing thing sobriety. I was hoping to hear confessor.

6. MUSTANGCAT

MUSTANGCAT Senior Member

I've been into him since James Gang. You gotta love him! I believe he was doing DR Z amps. I read that he once fell in love with a Train Wreck as well. When he was with the James Gang, he was using Marshall live. He originally recorded Funk #49 with a black face Champ. When I play a Les Paul through a silverface VC with a DLS, I can nail the Funk #49 tone down perfect.

1 person likes this.

7. So What

So What Senior Member

He also used to play through a Hiwatt.

He toured in the 70's with a Hiwatt that Pete Townshend gave him when the James Gang opened for the Who.

The amp still had the "Who" stenciled on it.

He is my favorite.

He can play that Rock 'n Roll foyia!

8. mud guy

mud guy Senior Member

search joe walsh slide lesson on youtube and you'll hear him sound fantastic through a little microcube.

Posted from Mylespaul.com App for Android

9. milehigh331

milehigh331 Member

Thanks for the info guys. I had no idea he switched around so much. I have always thought he sounded great but incorrectly assumed that he was a fender amp, strat, tele guy. I really enjoyed the interview and liked some of his new material.

10. Chuck M

Chuck M Senior Member

After listening to that show and remembered he was with James Gang, I went on iTunes and bought the "Look what I Did!" album.

The first song on the show, Life's Been Good, was great! You can tell he was concentrating ssoo much. During the interview he says it took in measurement of years to learn to play again...sober!

Again, a great show and I was glad to spend money on his album yesterday!

Chuck M

11. duhbearz

duhbearz Junior Member