Joe B at the Fox!

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by freebyrd 69, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

lol, let's get @Joeydego's expert opinion ... no doubt he's got a receipt or eight laying around.

THDNUT likes this.
  2. Sct13

Sct13 Gold Supporter Premium Member

I went to too many concerts this year....I had my finger on the trigger for this one, but backed off ....He was here last year (or year before)???....I went despite the pain, great show ...I'm sure it was just as good or better this year!

hope you guys had a great time...

rockstar232007 and freebyrd 69 like this.
  3. freebyrd 69

freebyrd 69 Silver Supporter Premium Member

Basically, he said a journalist pieced together a few lines out of a 3000 word interview to fit the agenda. The guy uses pedals, and is not dumb enough to think anyone doesn’t know that. I have had enough conversations with Joe....he is an intelligent guy, appreciates his fans, and would not say those things in the context that it looked like. Haters gonna hate though.

4. defcrew

defcrew Senior Member

Joe is really just a guitar nerd who--unlike the rest of us--has been successful. If you have ever been interviewed you know that you hardly ever have quotations properly put in context.

5. LeftyF2003

LeftyF2003 Premium Member

Agreed. I'm kind of surprised that Guitar Player would do that to him seeing as he's carrying the guitar torch with a few others like Slash, but I guess they have to sell magazines. If I were Joe I'd not chat with them again!

freebyrd 69 and Thumpalumpacus like this.
  6. defcrew

defcrew Senior Member

Controversy sells, Lefty. Just look at CBSSportsline.com. Less than half of the stories are about games. It's all about who mean mugged who on the court or why the Texans didn't sign Kapernick...let alone MSM pol stuff.

As to guitar mags, I remember a time when there were huge sections of any store that would have a slew of dif pubs. They have seemingly been replaced by gun mags and, of course, celeb worshipping and paparazzi enabling has drifted from right by the cash register to the actual magazine rack. We're basically contemptible.:laugh2:

rabidhamster, freebyrd 69 and mdubya like this.
  7. Frampton129

Frampton129 Premium Member

I saw Joe's show last night in Cleveland. As usual, it was a great show. He played quite a different set list than normal, so it was nice to hear something new.

From my front row balcony seat, it appeared Joe had just two pedals in front of him. One was his wah and the other I'm not sure of. Of course, he could have someone operating more pedals backstage or maybe he really has simplified his setup.

Although he played three different Les Pauls, he heavily favored Flying Vs and Firebirds. No SGs or 335s were played. He played a Strat for one song and a "Keith Richards" Tele on a couple of occasions.

freebyrd 69 likes this.
  8. mgdesigns

mgdesigns Junior Member

I was born and raised in Motown, went to the old Cass Tech, and WSU. I saw the premiere for 2001 Space Odyssey there in 11th grade, then the place fell into total disrepair. I guess they renovated it, and I am sure it was a fabulous concert JB is a phenomenal player, and keeper of the Blues tradition. I actually lived in Utica NY area for 4 years, and bought one of my Fender amps at his folk's store.

freebyrd 69 likes this.
  9. Warren Weldon

Warren Weldon Peters Creek , Alaska Premium Member

Just purchased my tickets for Fox Theater Atlanta May 4. Also got notified today that the First 250 Amos V's ordered prior to the 30th of Nov. will be shipped the middle of this Dec. 2017. I bought mine within 72 hours of the release so just made it !

Frampton129 and freebyrd 69 like this.
  10. freebyrd 69

Oh he definitely made comments to that affect.

Bobby Mahogany likes this.
  11. SteveC

SteveC Get off my f*cking lawn. V.I.P. Member

How was the show, Jon?

freebyrd 69 likes this.
  12. freebyrd 69

Fantastic as always. Jeanette liked it too. I saw him in the spring in Chicago, and it was a similar show, but I knew that going in. He was very, very ill at that show in Chi town. Had the breathe right strip and all, but still gave it his all. That whole band is just incredible. LOVE the back up singers, and of course Reese and the boys knocked it out of the park as always.

I seriously hope he does a "greatest hits" show. I'd form a set list real quick. LOL. Sloe Gin, Dust Bowl, Slow Train, Mountain Time, John Henry, Humming Bird.....

LeftyF2003 and SteveC like this.
  13. Frampton129

Frampton129 Premium Member

Up until a year or so ago, that was his normal set list. I suppose if you've never seen him before those are the songs you'd want to hear. Having seen him 9 or so times (I've lost count) it's nice to see him do something different. Really, it doesn't matter what songs he plays, his guitar playing is absolutely phenomenal!

freebyrd 69 likes this.
  14. freebyrd 69

I’ve lost count on how many times I’ve seen him. I agree, different isn’t bad. I would pick the top 3 or 4 songs from each tour, including an acoustic or two!

15. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

I am not a JB fan but I appreciate what is being said about him that he is one of those keeping blues alive.

Nice pic Jon...

freebyrd 69 likes this.
  16. LeftyF2003

LeftyF2003 Premium Member

So quite nearly the Albert Hall sets :)

freebyrd 69 likes this.
  17. djw171

djw171 Senior Member

I believe the other pedal is the Way Huge Doubleland Special. No other pedals backstage from what I believe. Just straight into those old Fender Tweeds, cranked to the max! Sounds amazing. Saw him myself last month.

There are plenty of videos online of his old rig with Silver Jub's, etc and quite an extensive board, he just changed his rig up around the Muddy / Wolf Red rocks show I think.

Fender have a signature amp due out next year too.

freebyrd 69 likes this.
  18. BDW60

BDW60 Senior Member

I doubt he will cozy up with Premier Guitar again either after Shawn Hammond's hurt feelings/whiny little b!tch column about the whole thing.

freebyrd 69 likes this.
  19. SlyStrat

SlyStrat Senior Member

Lot's of people with ego problems here.
    And I'm not talking about Joe.

Z2112 and Bobby Mahogany like this.
  20. Bytor1958

Bytor1958 Senior Member

I was born in Indianapolis in 1958. WOW how cool.