Jodie Foster is calling out every man over 30

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by TheX, Dec 22, 2017.

1. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

Well, it finally happened. we're ALL guilty.

Jodie Foster is calling out every man over 30 to “start thinking about their part” amid the slew of sexual harassment allegations in recent months.

"We really are at a watershed moment," Foster said. "This part has been painful: These wonderful, amazing narratives that take into consideration everybody’s part in it. I’m really interested and looking forward to the men’s point of view, and what comes next in terms of therapy."

Foster added that “pretty much every man over 30 has to really look and start thinking about their part” in sexual harassment.

“And I guarantee, lots of it is unconscious,” she said. “When you’ve been in a privileged position where you haven’t had to look at your part, you didn’t 100 percent understand you were in a bubble. It’s an interesting time for men.”

An interesting time indeed. Be careful out there!

RedSkwirrell likes this.
  2. BBD

BBD Senior Member

She has a valid point, X. Arguments from incredulity don't cut it.

jdto, Barnaby and cmh6122 like this.
  3. Dun Ringill

Dun Ringill Premium Member

I am still not receiving any of my privilege checks. I hope there will be back pay.

4. Jymbopalyse

Jymbopalyse Senior Member

Now you just sit and think about what you have done.

5. Rich

Rich Non sequitur Premium Member

F' that. I don't go around stereotyping every woman over 30 for anything; Jodie Foster can just get off her high horse and stop making blanket statements.

6. Marshall & Moonshine

Marshall & Moonshine Senior Member

Thank god! The wait is over!!
    I haven’t been sleeping very well lately, in light of all these scandals. I was lying awake at night, tossing and turning, asking and asking (sometimes aloud) “What’s Jody Foster’s take on all this?!! I simply have to know!!!”

7. defcrew

defcrew Senior Member

Why designate 30?

8. Rich

I suppose that number just worked for her case, which I'm sure she spent hours - maybe days - of research developing before she made her statement.

9. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

I know some guys that push the envelope and interestingly, the women were receptive to it more than not. But never anything forceful, just suggesting that what the women were flaunting was put to good use with them.

Most guys I know are respectful, probably more than the gender deserves, because THEY have a double standard and play more games than men (In My Experience)

Women as a gender, ALSO need to call out their participants that have just as equal part in this whole "Sexual" game that leads to harassment. It's a hand in glove fit and mostly, there aren't any WHOLE victims.

Shame what she's calling men under 30. LOL It can't be all of them? She's around 57 ish, she knows?

Maybe she's just trying to get all the testosterone competition out of the game. More tacos for her.

10. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

All you got to do is find a 18-19 year old girl in the hood and ask them: "Do you want to be in a rap video?"

11. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Dear Ms Foster,

Pursuant to your Statement, that you are "really interested and looking forward to the men’s point of view, and what comes next in terms of therapy". Here is one man's point of view.

I think we, collectively need to step back and remember that there still is a presumption of innocence and due process in this country. To do anything else, means a loss of liberty and several leaps down the pathway to facism. I also think we have to realize, that there are many, many reasons for women to make false allegations of sexual misconduct by men, of which there are many, proven and demonstrable examples.

I would also like us all to contemplate the idea that painting an entire group with the brush of a minority of that group is a major mistake, and a very slippery slope indeed.

Lastly, I would like all of our female citizens to delve deep and analyze their own behaviors. Yes, women sexually harass men all the time. Flirting, the slight touch on the elbow, shoulder, wearing of alluring clothing are all actions done daily, in every workplace, and are harassment as well.

12. VictorB

VictorB Formerly LZF Super Mod

Someone buy her a cookbook.

Sledge, Howard2k, Kris Ford and 30 others like this.
  13. Marshall & Moonshine

Marshall & Moonshine Senior Member

We should all be gay. I’m telling ya, it’s fantastic.
    Men like to grope and be groped.
    Women are icy.
    Stay in your camp.
    Problem solved.
    Humanity dies off in one generation cuz ain’t nobody fuckin in baby-makin ways, but hey....
    Wanna make an omelette??

14. Uncle Remus

Uncle Remus Silver Supporter

Just the pussification of man agenda in full action. I have no interest in being anything short of the type of man that has roamed the earth since the beginning of time. I will work until my hands bleed to feed my family, I will not speak with a San Francisco lisp, and I will not apologize for checking out a set of tits pushed up and put on display. They do not want real men in their new world society. It threatens their goal to destroy history. Aaaaannnd, Jody Foster has always been an ugly overappreciated actress. Shut your mouth and fix me a sammich woman.

15. Rich

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

16. BBD

BBD Senior Member

JF just says think about it and cautions that acculturated attitudes in (and out) of the workplace are often unconscious in men older than 30.

Read carefully, her remarks are both measured and arguably true.

jdto and cmh6122 like this.
  17. redcoats1976

redcoats1976 Senior Member

she had me at a waterbed moment...

DADGAD, truckermde, danohat and 2 others like this.
  18. defcrew

defcrew Senior Member

To observe the way "gay" has saturated our news the last few years one would think 95% of us already were.

19. Rich

Well, she says "every man over 30" which is making a pretty broad assumption. Second, she's been an actor since she was a child so what does she know about a normal workplace?

20. Z2112

Z2112 Gold Supporter

She just needs a big stiff one. Just once. That will change her tune.
    Any takers ?

I Break Things and danohat like this.