Jimmy Page Les Paul Wiring Diagram For A 2006 Model Help!!!!

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by immersed, Dec 9, 2007.

1. immersed

immersed Senior Member

Hi Guys, Newbie Here. I Just Picked Up A 2006 Jimmy Page Les Paul. I Bought It New From A Dealer Who Had Problems With It. Long Story Short Their Guitar Tech Who Is A Butcher Unsoldered The Bridge Pickup From The Coil Tap Pot And Now I Can't Figure Out How To Put It Back Together. I Can't Find A Diagram Anywhere. Gibson Custom Shop Won't Release It. It's Been Sitting In The Repair Shop At The Store For A Year And A Half Because They Couldn't Get A Diagram To Put It Back Together. So They Sold It To Me Very Very Cheap And Now I Need To Get This Thing Working Again. If Anyone Can Help Me That Would Be Awsome. A Close Up Picture Of The Coil Tap Pot Whould Be Great To So I Know What Color Wires Go Where On The Pot. I Owned About 50 Les Pauls And This One I'm Losing Sleep Over Because Right Now It's Just A Piece Of Wood. Thanks, Joe.:(

2. WildeStarr

WildeStarr V.I.P. Member

2 Humbuckers, 3-way toggle, 2 push/pull volumes, 2 push/pull tones. Diagram with custom version of the Jimmy Page Les Paul mod. Push pulls are for coil split neck, coil split bridge, series/parallel and reverse phase.

[​IMG]

2 Humbuckers, 3-way toggle, 2 push/pull volumes, 2 push/pull tones. Diagram with custom version of the Jimmy Page Les Paul mod with two long shaft pots for Les Pauls with thick tops. Push pulls are for coil split neck, coil split bridge, series/parallel and reverse phase.

[​IMG]

3. immersed

immersed Senior Member

i found a ton of the older diagrams with the 4 push/pull pots but i need one for the newer model that only has one coil tap on the bridge pickup tone pot. it's a coil tap and when switched to the middle position both pickups are out of phase. thanks for the fast reply though.

4. WildeStarr

WildeStarr V.I.P. Member

Is it the stock Gibson pickup with red, black, green, white, and bare wires?

5. immersed

immersed Senior Member

yes it is. it's the stock jimmy page burstbucker. the second diagram you posted is close but the volume pots look different. my guitar is like a stock 59RI but it has a coil tap pot on the bridge pickup and the bumble bee cap comes from the volume pot to the tone pot. the diagram on the bottom has the cap just on the push/pull tone pot. i hope that makes sense.

6. WildeStarr

WildeStarr V.I.P. Member

This is a little hard to do with out the guitar in front of me, but lets see if I can make any sense here.

[​IMG]

red is your hot
    black (along with the bare wire) is your ground
    green and white should go together and solder to one of the center/middle pins of the switch portion of the pushpull pot
    another ground wire should should come off one of the bottom pins and go to the pot casing. This will short out one of the coils when you pull the push/pull up and you will get the single coil sound.
    See the Duncan wiring diagram below, it is the same thing as the Gibson, but the colors are different so don't let that throw you off. (Duncan is using the red and white, we are using the white and green on the Gibson) It still wires up the same way for any push/pull~coil split.

[​IMG]

7. immersed

immersed Senior Member

it still looks a little different. i found a picture of another jimmy page on ebay and i asked the guy selling it if he can send me a pic of the other side of the pot where the wires are and he replied but he wan't me to paypal him $30 and he'll write out a diagram and send it to me. he lives in japan and i don't know if i can trust him. he wasn't that nice. here is the pic that i found. you've been very helpful so far and i thank you for it.

8. WildeStarr

WildeStarr V.I.P. Member

That pic is not really going to be of any help to you since you can't see where the wires are going to the push/pull. I could fix this guitar for you in 5 minutes if I had it in front of me here. Any decent repair shop in your area should be able to fix this problem.

9. immersed

immersed Senior Member

i gave it to my amp tech who builds his own amps and is an expert at wiring. he said it should be easy to figure out. i just wanted to get a picture or something from someone that owns a jimmy page les paul so i can match it up perfectly and quickly. if we have some kind of problem for what ever reason i'll consider sending it to you to fix. i'll even throw you a few buck$. thanks,joe.

10. ReverendJWblues

ReverendJWblues MLP Chaplain V.I.P. Member

I'll post you some pics later today if ya still want

11. immersed

immersed Senior Member

Yes That Whould Be Awsome!!!! Thanks So Much.

12. ReverendJWblues

ReverendJWblues MLP Chaplain V.I.P. Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    See if these help you out if not ill take some more.

13. immersed

immersed Senior Member

MAN YOUR A LIFE SAVER. THOSE PICTURES LOOK GREAT. I'LL LET YOU KNOW IF I NEED MORE BUT I DOUBT IT. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!:fingersx:

14. WildeStarr

WildeStarr V.I.P. Member

Yeah, its a hell of a lot easier to take the pics then it is for me to try and explain it on a forum!

15. immersed

immersed Senior Member

yeah i know but you were a great help also. some body should make a diagram of this for the future because it's nearly impossible to find this exact diagram.

16. WildeStarr

WildeStarr V.I.P. Member

Just me being an ass. :wave:

I actually have a coil split in my Les Paul, but I have EMG's and the wiring is very different, or I would have taken a pic of that for you.

:thumb:

17. immersed

immersed Senior Member

IT'S ALIVE AND SOUNDING AWSOME!!!!!THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S HELP!!!! :slash:

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

18. guitarver

guitarver Junior Member

Does anybody have a killer Les Paul 3 pickup wiring diagram with a ton of options as per the Jimmy Page kind of idea?

I keep running into the one diagram on the net with the three volumes and one master tone but no real options beyond that. Any ideas?

19. MojoMonster

MojoMonster Senior Member

How about something new?
    Keep the 3 volumes, master tone setup and add 3 x Seymour Duncan Triple-Shots for series/parallel/coil-split for each pickup.
    Plus, 4 x push-pulls for phase, series/parallel between 2 pickups, cap changes, kill switch or whatever else your heart desires!

Easy peasy.

MM

20. Chief67

Chief67 Member

Hi Reverend do you or anyone have a wiring diagram of the pictures that you posted above of the JP LP?