Jim is THE MAN!

Discussion in 'Windy City Guitars' started by BigJim, Oct 18, 2017.

1. BigJim

BigJim Senior Member

Just popping in here.

I snagged an 80's PRS custom 24 off eBay with a headstock split. It was perfectly playable, but the first "repair" looks like it was done by a third grader with Elmers.

I loved the guitar, but the split bugged me. I didn't trust it, I didn't want to bring the guitar out of the house for fear of more damage.

I contacted PRS' PTC, but their quote for an "invisible" repair, paint, headstock sticker and re-inking the serial number was very expensive. Seeing Jim's work here, I decided to send him the guitar for the repair.

I challenged Jim to "make it invisible" and try to keep the sticker and serial number intact. Jim took the challenge, and off the guitar went to Chicago.

Before pix:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After pix:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am very happy with the result. The repair, is indeed, invisible. The sticker and serial number remain untouched, the repair is solid. It's an older guitar, with playwear on it; the overspray to blend in the color is perfectly matched. We chose not to buff it out, because a nice shiny headstock on a worn guitar would look weird....

Jim's price was very fair, his communication was excellent. I was quoted a time frame and Jim delivered on time.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    SonicBlur and Thumpalumpacus like this.
  2. StillLearning

StillLearning Senior Member

Nice work, Jim! :thumb:

BigJim likes this.