Jazzmasters

Discussion in 'Fender' started by Tanner, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Tanner

Tanner Senior Member

Show off your jazzmasters, they're awesome. Had my classic player for 5-ish years now and love it. Used to have a Jaguar to match, but traded it off a few years ago.

[​IMG]

Sounds great in action too

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj_03GxTRIw[/ame]

foxtrot likes this.
  2. Frogfur

Frogfur Senior Member

My favorite. Wish I had one. A lefty.

3. fett

fett Premium Member

A thrift store story from years ago. I saw a guitar. It was a Fender. That's all I needed to know and I bought it for $60. It was a 1966 Jaguar. :thumb: You take what you get. I could not get used to short scale. What did I know? One day, I went to a local GC and I told the guy about my guitar. In those days, GC had a Card File of the Wish List. Do they still do that?

4. truckermde

truckermde Senior Member

Always wanted one, never had one.

5. kakerlak

kakerlak Senior Member

My '64 refin:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cozmik Cowboy likes this.
  6. Tanner

Tanner Senior Member

Have been meaning to get a mint green pg for the past 4 years, just finally got around to it and love the results.

[​IMG]

7. bossaddict

bossaddict Premium Member

Here's my '63. The body has Sonic Blue oversprayed on the original Olympic White.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kakerlak likes this.
  8. kakerlak

kakerlak Senior Member

^Pretty neck, BA. You ever contemplate trying to wet-sand away the blue back to the original white?

9. bossaddict

bossaddict Premium Member

Thanks! Yes, I've definitely thought about doing it. The places where the white is showing look pretty good, but you never really know how worn away the white is in places where the SB is still present. I decided that I like it the way it is. It also has a matching headstock (both original and overspray) that I am planning on doing on some level. When it was ovrsprayed, it had an old transition-era Jazz Bass (I think) decal applied (probably just what was available at the time). I've already got a period-correct replacement and will at least remove the decal and apply the new one. I keep meaning to make a thread in the luthier's corner asking for advice on cleanly getting the old decal off. Here's a headstock shot...

[​IMG]

10. kakerlak

kakerlak Senior Member

When I got mine, it was sprayed over in orange peely black Krylon. As I stripped it away, I realized there was still a lot of original sunburst underneath it, but pretty much none around the edges, so I said "F-it" and stripped it down to wood, then had it done in surf green. I wish I'd bought more of these for $600-700 back in the '90s, instead of all the oddball stuff I gravitated towards -- orphan brands, etc.