Jay Turser JT-220 specs

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by FredF, Dec 26, 2017.

1. FredF

FredF Junior Member

IMG_0271.JPG Hey everyone,
    I'm new to MLP, and I'm hoping someone can help fill some informational gaps regarding my Jay Turser JT-220. I've searched all over the internet, but couldn't find this particular model anywhere ( gold hardware,single volume and tone controls, etc.). There are no serial numbers, which I understand was normal for older JT's. Hope someone out there has seen this before, and can help with a complete identification of this guitar. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Stoli likes this.
  2. chasenblues

chasenblues Senior Member

Took a quick look around the web,Based on some pictures i think that model is actually called a Cutlass F. Only specs i found were what was written by an owner of one.

[​IMG]
    http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar-40323-jay-turser-cutlass-f-flamed-maple-solid-body-1

[​IMG]

"This guitar features a bound set neck, rosewood fretboard carved flamed maple top body adorned with stunning abalone binding atop the instrument, Mahogany body, Chrome die cast tuners, 2 alnico humbucking style pickups, in line volume and tone control knobs, a three way pickup selector switch, and a tune o matic style bridge with stop bar tailpiece."

3. misterhatter6

misterhatter6 Senior Member

That is a really nice guitar. I'm aware that JTs are budget guitars but at the right price, that would be a preferable alternative to an Epi LP Special. (Mind you, I have a weakness for inexpensive gear)

4. FredF

FredF Junior Member

IMG_0276.JPG Thanks for the quick response. You are absolutely correct. It is a Cutlass, not a JT-220. When I first started my search I entered " Jay Turser Les Paul style electric guitar" which showed virtually all 200 series instruments. Now I can finish my research. I am hoping to sell it to help finance the purchase of a 2011 Gibson Les Paul Studio Tribute. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. Happy New Years to all.

5. Stoli

Stoli Senior Member

I own a JT-220 that I purchased about two and a half years ago. Mine has a serial number stamped on the back of the head stock. I think mine is exactly like the cherry burst model pictured on the Jay Turser website except mine has knobs that are an amber color rather than black that is pictured. I think mine is probably a 2014 model. The top on mine is plain and yours has nice figuring. I have no complaints with mine other than fret wires wearing and some small cracks in the binding along the neck that developed a few months after I purchased the guitar. I started learning to play with this guitar and still play it often. I knew nothing at the time that I bought it but liked it because it felt comfortable.

Regardless, you have a nice looking ax there.

6. FredF

FredF Junior Member

Thanks Stoli. I think the all gold hardware makes it unique( I haven't any others like it yet). I was planning on selling it to help finance the LP I'm buying, but now I having second thoughts. I'm still gonna buy the LP, but I might keep the JT, make a couple upgrades and keep as my backup.