Jason Bonham's Led Zepp Experience

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by Tobin1634, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Tobin1634

Tobin1634 Senior Member

Anybody catch this tour yet? (not sure if it even started yet actually)
    Anybody going? I'm going to see it in Boston as I'm sure its gonna be kick ass!

2. Tobin1634

Tobin1634 Senior Member

nobody huh? ok I'll give you guys a report!

3. dsmcl77

dsmcl77 Senior Member

Some good reviews on ticketmaster.
    If he tour in Europe I might check that out.

4. dsmcl77

dsmcl77 Senior Member

Wanna see the show?
    This is 2014, now he is apparently doing a solo with a video of his father...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V19VvaqRgQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V19VvaqRgQ[/ame]

5. QuicksilverSS

QuicksilverSS Senior Member

I have seen the band Bonham twice..way back in the day at a local club I was always at. Great 80's rock bands. The 2nd time I saw them, they played mostly Zeppelin songs. They kicked some serious a$$..I'm sure it's a even better show now.

6. DADGAD

DADGAD Senior Member

I saw him in 2013. Great show. He is a beast on the drums. His drum solo was terrific. i have a video of it somewhere. The band is tight and Tony Catania does
    a great job of the zep tunes and adds some of his flair.

7. Kashmir

Kashmir Senior Member

I saw Bonham years ago, must have been about 1991. They were part of a three-bill, opening with Dangerous Toys for The Cult. Great show all around.

8. Left Paw

Left Paw Senior Member

Somebody tell Plant they are still looking for the right singer....

9. cooljuk

cooljuk Transducer Producer Premium Member MLP Vendor

Not the current tour, but I've seen Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience a few years back and have seen Jason Bonham play with others, as well.

The man is his father's son, for sure. I don't think you can go wrong.

10. Who

Who Who is not here. Please leave a message.... Premium Member

I thought the band "Bonham" had the best hair-band Led-clone album of the era.

Every song on "The Disregard of Timekeeping" was good.

11. Midnight Blues

Midnight Blues Premium Member

I'm impressed with JB's LZE show that dsmcl77 posted. I'd definitely pay to see those guys.

12. sk8rat

sk8rat Senior Member

I saw the jason bonham heart thing a few years ago. it was good but it was no zep.

13. Midnight Blues

Agreed.

On a side note, you've got to give JB's LZE props, especially Tony Catania... Pretty decent player in my book. James Dylan, while no Robert Plant by any means, is pretty good too.

14. MCAN

MCAN Senior Member

Saw their show a few years back. It was awesome.
    Been waiting for them to come back to my city since.

15. Tobin1634

Tobin1634 Senior Member

Ok guys saw the show last night at the House of Blues Boston. It was just totally kick ass!
    The singer (James Dylan) was really spot on, hitting all of the great high notes and screeches, his performance on "Since I've been loving you" was just amazing.

Tony Catania on lead guitar was also on top of his game, coming out with a bunch of different sounds to fit the song, I especially liked his tone on the solo of "Thank you" and on "Over the hills and far away".

Bonham absolutely has it in his blood, his solo was amazing with the video of his father playing behind him and at one time he was perfectly in sync! (I think it was from the song remains the same, but I could be wrong).
    He was also so gracious when addressing the audience (which he did quite a bit), he came off as very genuine and very thankful to be who he is and to be able to celebrate his father's music in this way.

Overall, for $40 you can't go wrong if you are into Zepp!! I'm not old enough to have seen them live, but I did see the Page and Plant tour in 97-98 and this was as close to that as I've ever seen. Blows away any other Led Zepp tribute I have ever seen by far.

16. Midnight Blues

Very cool Tobin, glad you enjoyed the show! Had to be something to see him playing along with his father? I agree with you too that JB seems really genuine, at least in the interviews I've seen or read.

Unfortunately, I am old enough to have seen LZ live, but they never came around my area, nor have I seen JB's LZE show either, but based on the show that dsmcl posted, I'd definitely go and see them!

Tony Catania is quite the player.

17. Tobin1634

Tobin1634 Senior Member

Definitely try to take this show in if you can! Well worth it for any Zepp fan

18. phodg

phodg Senior Member

Saw them a couple of years ago supporting Heart. They were great. Even better when Bonham came out at the end of Heart's set and they played 5 Led Zep songs together.

Edit: Wow - just looked it up. It was 2013. Time goes fast !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMjPX0eicFI

19. Who

Who Who is not here. Please leave a message.... Premium Member

Just bought my tickets to this year's tour.

I assume Bonham's band will have to do an abridged show. They are opening for Cheap Trick, who is opening for Foreigner. I don't even care about fake Foreigner.

It's funny, the band I'm going to see (JBLZE) is a "tribute" band that I'm looking forward to, but "Foreigner" is a band I loved, but now THEY are a tribute band of themselves.

Jymbopalyse likes this.
  20. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

If you want to see how James Dylan got the gig with Jason, search for "Virtual Zeppelin" on YT. Five guys that never met, each did their parts and the guy in Japan assembled all the tracks and videos.

Somebody must have pointed Jason to the videos when Plant said he wasn't doing a reunion that Jason was hoping to represent his dad for the reunion. The rest is history.

Here's a sample and you'll see why this is Page's masterpiece with all the layers:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhbzi3O8zh0[/ame]