James Hetfield with a different Gibson LP Bigsby recently? Interesting for me at least!

Discussion in 'Vintage Les Pauls' started by jlb32, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood Senior Member

ZZ Top did that with Muddy Waters old house, built a guitar out of some of the wood from the structure.

2. ESchmidt

ESchmidt Senior Member

Those Nash les Paul’s are truly awful looking. They are not realistic at all.

jlb32 likes this.
  3. jlb32

jlb32 Senior Member

Yeah, the aging is way over the top. When I heard ESP was doing the Iron Cross with Nash relicing them I knew they would look bad.

Of course they come out looking like someone took them outside and shot them with a shotgun full of pellets. The aging and just overall looks of the guitar really look bad for such a expensive 10K guitar.

4. smk506

smk506 Senior Member

I've never seen a good looking Nash. I suspect the intent isn't to look authentically aged, because if that is what they're going for they fail pretty spectacularly.

5. Cygnus X-1

Cygnus X-1 Senior Member

So Nash makes guitars AND relics them as well? I’m just trying to make the connection to James’ LP. Clearly it’s a Gibson.

6. jlb32

jlb32 Senior Member

Nash does make guitars now, mostly Strat and Tele shapes, but they use to relic a lot of customer guitars. Last I heard they do not relic outside guitars anymore. Just what they build.

Hetfields guitar is a Gibson that Nash just reliced. Nash was more of a relicing shop early on before they started building their own guitars. ESP had Nash relic all of the Hetfield Iron Cross Signature model, I am sure that was James wanting that. He seems to be a fan of Nash's "beat to hell" relic attitude. lol

Cygnus X-1 likes this.