Jackstand Johnny From Virginia USA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jackstand Johnny, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Jackstand Johnny

Jackstand Johnny Junior Member

Hey everybody. My name is Jackstand Johnny and I just joined the forum. Probably the 100th forum Ive joined so I know the drill as far as following the rules and whatnot. I have a 2010ish? Epiphone LP Ultra I. Its not a Gibson and I didnt pay a fortune for it but its my main guitar. Ive had many over the years but currently theres only 3 in the stable which include a 2002 Schecter Diamons Series Scorpion baritone I got in brand new as a 15th Birthday present and a Schecter Hellraiser Stage acoustic/electric. My guitar rig consists of several pedals through a Joyo PXL Pro looper to an orange TH30 head pushing an Orange PCB212 cabinet. I like it but even on 7 watts this thing is crazy loud. Like, too loud for practice. Got a good deal on them though.

Im in a 2 piece band called Clone Alone. We use my Korg Electribe EMX-1 as our drummer/bassist/etc. I already know Im gonna get replies about how soulless those "devil boxes" are and thats fine. I believe the fewer moving parts, the more reliable the machine. People are flaky, musicians are worse and where I live there are very VERY slim pickins for musicians to form an original band. My drum machine is never late, doesnt flake, always keeps perfect time and wont quit until its dead but I digress...

This wont be my last Les Paul and I truly enjoy building and modifying things including pedals and guitars, so Im hoping yall can show me a few new tricks and maybe I can return the favor. Thank you for having me.

2. Donal

Donal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Premium Member

:welcome:

Welcome to MLP :applause:

Enjoy the fun and information :thumb:

3. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Old School Premium Member

Welcome to the MLP :)

4. Jackstand Johnny

Jackstand Johnny Junior Member

Wow a warm welcome from Denmark and Germany? Thats very kind. I actually just picked up another Epi Les Paul(Studio) yesterday. Ive only got the 2 but Im sure I will acquire others. I made a thread about my new LP. I found a killer deal, said the right things and brought it home with a hard case and locking strap for only $50. It supposedly didnt play because of electrical problems but its actually just a loose pickup selector switch which I have experience replacing on my other LP. So it was a steal. Funny story about the bad pickup switch on my other LP. I paid $15 for a Switchcraft and $1.50 for a generic "Epiphone" marked switch. They both arrived the same day. The Switchcraft DIDNT WORK! I couldnt believe it but luckily I hedged my bets and bought the cheap direct replacement as i surance. Well sure enough I installed the cheap eBay switch and now it works perfectly with zero noise. I really wanted that Switchcraft switch to work because I believe in upgrading and overkill, but I guess I got a defective unit.

5. herbalist

herbalist Senior Member

Hi and :welcome: to MLP.

6. Alligatorbling

Alligatorbling ★AstroCat★ Premium Member MLP Vendor V.I.P. Member

Welcome to the forum! Im also from Virginia!

7. Travis19

Travis19 Senior Member

Welcome!