Izzy Stradlin

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by ZZTOPGUY, May 13, 2011.

1. LIBERTYMACHINE

LIBERTYMACHINE Banned

thanks,ZZTOPGUY.

2. ZZTOPGUY

ZZTOPGUY Senior Member

Do it and tell us how good it sounds! :thumb:

3. LIBERTYMACHINE

LIBERTYMACHINE Banned

you got it.

4. ZZTOPGUY

ZZTOPGUY Senior Member

No problem if you need anymore info on Izzy's gear just ask me. :D

5. LIBERTYMACHINE

LIBERTYMACHINE Banned

Thanks,bro.

6. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

Thanks, "hounds" not "Zombies". :eek:

7. ZZTOPGUY

ZZTOPGUY Senior Member

Izzy used the same Cab for the UYI albums but this time a Les Paul probably his Gold Top or Deluxe Pro and a 1967 Fender Tele Custom through a 60's Fender Bassman Blackface head.

8. Thumpalumpacus

I fell in love with SCoM in that little spot on the back half of the second verse, where Izzy comes in with the arppegiated Dsus2 chord, with that chimey P-90-esque tone. That's when I realized that this was not just another hair-metal band.

serch777, ZZTOPGUY and LIBERTYMACHINE like this.
  9. ZZTOPGUY

ZZTOPGUY Senior Member

I know what you mean.

10. 80's Rocker

80's Rocker Senior Member

Did you do that on purpose or did you hit B (under G) by accident? :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :applause: :naughty: :thumb:

11. ZZTOPGUY

ZZTOPGUY Senior Member

Lmao Of course I did it on purpose . :p

12. lespaul01

lespaul01 Banned

Hehe, you know what. I didn't know if he had another project called the JuJu Zombies..So I didn't comment. :dude:

LIBERTYMACHINE likes this.
  13. LIBERTYMACHINE

LIBERTYMACHINE Banned

14. Thumpalumpacus

No, that's the old D&D dork from high school inside me struggling to get out. :D

LIBERTYMACHINE likes this.
  15. lespaul01

lespaul01 Banned

That must have been great. The only Live GNR shows I saw in 91/92' were all at stadiums. Way to far.. One I was arrested at the gate for fu$k sake. What a story that was. What the hell, ill tell a bit of it.

I was pi$$ drunk, on acid and mescaline. Went to see Guns at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto. Got nailed after persisting at the gate to get in. I was thrown into a paddy wagon. It was hot and I started to trip. Luckily, I was very wiry at the time and damn sweaty so was able to slip myself out of the hand tie cuffs and I was in a sense free, well as free as I could be.

So, I continued the party in the paddy wagon. I became the celebrity in the group because I was free, I still had my smokes, a bit of a mickey of whiskey and a light. I was feeding everyone who smoked hand hauls & nips of whisley.. They loved it. One crazy fuc$er that was there wanted me to get him out of his cuff(ties). I was like what do you want me to do... "burn me out" he yells as only a drunk could.

I didn't want to but he insisted. It was hard not to laugh as he started screaming when the melting, bubbling plastic ties started melting into his skin. Hahaha. The poor guy, he never did get out. From there it was breaking up a few fights after a guy came into our first cell and whipped his prick put and mumbled something. The guy I had tried to burn out of the hand ties earlier took a look at me, looked around and then head butted him.

He fell in a heap and the guy started kicking him into the bars. I finally got the cops attention and they come over and just stand there looking>>> So the guy starts laying the boots to him again. Doors fly open, cops grab the guy, start beating the pi$$ oudda him and drag the other guy away.

Then It was just me an some clown that could not keep his mouth shut. He turned into a little yippy side kick of the crazy guy. I had to put a stop to him early. No punches had to be thrown, but he got my verbal suggestion pretty quick. I was transferred to another jail, ended up with a couple Filipino cross dressers and a bunch of addicts and drunks in a holding tank.

As messed up as I was, I got real lucky. I had burned our bus location into my memory as we got off, as the booze/drugs had not hit me too hard by then. They released me somewhere in Toronto and said I has 1/2 and hour to get back to my bus. Didn't know what to do.. So I went over to a 7/11 and saw a guy who looked decent in a nice Camaro and I leveled with him. He drove me over and I got to the bus just as the fireworks were going off.

Although it sucked that I missed the show, I am glad it happened, it was a great experience and I definitely made the best out of it. Ill never forget the experience and look back at it with fond memories.

:dude:

serch777 and LIBERTYMACHINE like this.
  16. lespaul01

lespaul01 Banned

what about this white one, is this it a es 175.. that had some sick tone.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hyFBDMMuAc]YouTube - Guns N' Roses - Mr Brownstone (Ritz 88)[/ame]

17. Thumpalumpacus

18. Thumpalumpacus

Gosh, Slash's tone on that sounds awful.

19. lespaul01

lespaul01 Banned

Sounds a bit harsh to me, but I think it is in the upload. If you get a 1st or 2nd generation Soundboard copy of Live at the Ritz it sounds splendid. One of my favorite live gigs to watch. Pure energy! Cheers.

20. Thumpalumpacus

Yeah, I am being unfair. My comp's speakers are pretty shitty too.

But Izzy's is nice and rich. Also, for the record, I think he's playing a 135 there, rather than a 175.