IOS 11

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Sep 30, 2017.

1. RAG7890

RAG7890 Premium Member

I have 11.01............no major dramas but a couple of minor things need sorting but I did this at the same time as switching to Office 365 & a new Laptop.

My advice is wait for another 2 - 4 weeks then get the upgrade as I have no doubt there is more "fixes" to come.

My 2c FWIW.

:cheers2:

2. Zungle

Zungle Senior Member

IOS will reset your phone with each update......

You likely have a few un-needed/necessary services running in the background.

Go into ...Settings.... and turn off services you don't use......as an example I have my bluetooth, wifi Siri,automatic downloads etc,etc...turned off on my phone and manually configure them as I need them.

3. Harmony

Harmony V.I.P. Member

I always check my settings after an update, I prefer my own.
    I always check to see what is running and I even check my tabs open etc. No services running while out, only ran Lyft and Uber for a bit when using it.

My son even looked at my phone and can’t see what is eating it up either and he is an IPhone Guru.

Posting here seems to take a lot of it for some reason . Safari been the most battery eater .

Why it’s different now I don’t know.
    It says I can go back to 11.0. Maybe I should try that?

4. Digger

Digger Dingo Lover! V.I.P. Member

My 5S doesn't have the IOS 11 update available and it was my iPad Pro that updated, no issues with battery life there.