Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by aslatie, Jul 1, 2017.

1. aslatie

aslatie Member

Hello, My Les Paul world, I'm Áslat, I come from Norway and I play guitar. Started out about 2 1/2 years ago with playing guitar when I bought my first ever real guitar, Gibson Maestro. (Which was a big hunk of rubbish)

When I purchased the Maestro, I started going to courses, reading tablatures and all that stuff. I started out pretty slow, but after my first year that was when I started to see some serious progress. After owning the Maestro for over a year, I broke the high e for the first time ever, and I panicked! String changing wasn't something I even knew was a thing :naughty: So I bought a GHS .009 pack and cut all the old strings and threw them away, but after I'd done that, the tailpiece fell and cracked (how?!?!) and the neck pup just gave up existing and fell deep into the guitar. That freaked me the fuck out, because the damn piece of shit with six strings had sentimental value to me, so I gave it to my brother in law (who knows guitars) and hoped for the best. He saw it was a piece of shit, and gifted me his home made Epiphone Les Paul, which I've treasured ever since.

The new guitar really inspired me to learn more, and in the next half year I'd learned half of Appetite for Destruction. I taught myself solos, licks, rhythm parts, chords, fucking everything. I'd lock myself in a closet with a song and I wouldn't unlock it until I knew it by heart.

So fast forward a few years, gigs and headlines, (by headline I mean like on the newspaper after a gig, but that's a whole 'nother story for another time) I purchased a Gibson(!!!!!) Les Paul in May, it was a Tribute T GT model, fucking beautiful! That's probably the only guitar I have now (except for the Epi) that I can see myself keeping for the rest of my life.

[​IMG]
    My collection :D (the guitars I didn't mention in the story were already being owned by siblings)
    From left to right: Ibanez V72E Acoustic, which was owned by my sister, Ibanez Gio, owned by brother, Gibson Les Paul, Epiphone Les Paul and some cheap Strat knockoff.

2. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Old School Premium Member

Welcome to the MLP :)

aslatie likes this.
  3. S. Rock

S. Rock Senior Member

welcome to the forum, Aslat.

aslatie likes this.
  4. Donal

Donal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Premium Member

:welcome:

Welcome to MLP Áslat :applause:

Enjoy the fun and information, nice collection you have there. :thumb:

aslatie likes this.
  5. aslatie

aslatie Member

6. DarrellV

DarrellV Almost 1 Year old this month! Premium Member

:welcome:
    Good to see a fired up enthusiastic player in here! You and @Tim Fezziwig should compare notes on enthusiastic playing!
    that man wrote the book! :cheers2:

Lots of good and knowledgeable people in here. A lot of wise guys too! Its what makes the place! :thumb:

Enjoy your stay!

Tim Fezziwig and aslatie like this.
  7. aslatie

aslatie Member

This place is a nice change after being in raised-brow all serious forums for a long while! Expect to see me posting for years to come ;)

8. DarrellV

DarrellV Almost 1 Year old this month! Premium Member

Once you've had a chance to read through more of the posts in here you'll see that a lot of the members here came from other such places for a lot of the same reasons.

Perfect example right here! LOL!

http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/stop-it-guys-youre-scaring-them.393643/

aslatie likes this.
  9. aslatie

aslatie Member

10. 5F6-A

5F6-A Senior Member

Welcome! Great guitars BTW.

aslatie likes this.
  11. aslatie

aslatie Member

Thank ya kindly