in coming mods for my 2016 trad

Discussion in 'Tonefreaks' started by mandobandit, Aug 24, 2017.

1. mandobandit

mandobandit Senior Member

well I've had my new 2016 LP trad for 2 weeks today, I feel pretty well bonded to it.
    Honestly I can't think of anything I don't like about as it is, but time to make it my own.
    Ordered the full Faber locking pro kit with Inserts, gloss nickle.
    Also ordered from PLS cavity plates (not crazy about stock textured ones), blank truss rod cover,amber bell knobs and pointers, as well as amber switch tip, promise to post the required before and after pics(though all those that have gone before is what inspired me to do so)
    As a side note I really love the full rounded feel of the neck on this model, I think it has improved my left hand posture a great deal, playing much cleaner, like I do on my big necked acoustics.

Jer and bulletproof like this.
  2. mandobandit

mandobandit Senior Member

IMG_3445.JPG IMG_3445.JPG IMG_3447.JPG IMG_3449.JPG IMG_3453.JPG as built.JPG IMG_3445.JPG IMG_3447.JPG IMG_3449.JPG IMG_3453.JPG as built.JPG now it's mine mods complete, please excuse poor quality photos.
    the installations were very straight forward, the starter notches in the saddles seem to be sufficient for holding the strings, the guitar plays superb I love the look tone and feel of the bridge & tail piece, it just sounds bad ass.
    The cosmetic parts look just as I hoped , the tip from PLS to remove the knobs worked like a charm, a strip of old Tee shirt wrapped under knob gently wiggle up.
    The switch tip was a touch long few strokes on a medium abrasive film just right

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Jer likes this.