I'm gonna need a bigger board

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by efstop, Sep 16, 2017.

1. efstop

efstop Senior Member

G.A.S. has hit me again and I ordered another pedal from Pro Guitar Shop in OR. This time it was the T.C. Electronics T2 reverb. I know it's a lot more experimental with its presets, but I have spring reverb in my mixer and a goofy wee Outlaw 24K if need be.

I just couldn't resist the price on it. I have saved $217 CDN on the two pedals I bought at PGS.

About the board... It can hold ten pedals. As the Trio isn't an effect, as such, I removed it to place the Guv'nor GV-2. Now I need a spot for the T2, so I guess the 24K will have to go.

Or, superglue an acrylic extension onto my board. Or build a new one with a piece of 6" x 36" x 1/4" aluminum I have.

northernguitarguy likes this.
  2. lung plunger

lung plunger Senior Member

That aluminum sounds tasty. 3ft to chop up any way you wish. There's a few things you could do. A 2 tier 18", or 2 tier 24" bottom- 14" top. As long as you can cut and join it.

3. efstop

efstop Senior Member

I thought about 21"-15" that would leave lots of room for the wah or a large pedal. Joining it would be easier if I could find or make thin but sturdy brackets. Unfortunately, in the end it's no longer than what I have but I sure do like polished aluminum. Perhaps an aluminum/acrylic hybrid with at least 48" of length.

4. sonar

sonar Senior Member

I've modulated down to Pedaltrain Nano's. I'll run with one, two or three boards, if needed.

It's also nice to have a couple pedals off the board to swap, mix and match... at least that's my rationale for owning 50 pedals. :facepalm:

northernguitarguy and efstop like this.
  5. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Senior Member

I justify them by calling them " investments "

northernguitarguy and efstop like this.
  6. efstop

efstop Senior Member

Before last Christmas I had zero pedals. Now I'm at twelve. Got bit hard by the GAS.

7. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

Wait until you try the mini pedals! I've been bit in the last year. I found a few deals on Joyo Ironman pedals (which I think are fantastic-period). I am presently on the lookout for replacements for my tremelo (I only use a classic surf vibe, my Pulsar is wasted on me), reverb (ditto-one setting, wasted versatility) and tuner. I figure if that happens, I'll have room for at least three more mini's. With a loopstrip, I can load'er up!!
    [​IMG]

efstop likes this.
  8. efstop

efstop Senior Member

I have a few minis already. A Phase 95, and Outlaws 24K Reverb and Deputy Marshal. Tech keeps getting smaller, and that's a good thing for pedal junkies with limited board space :oops:
    The Pulsar is the largest one, followed by the Crybaby Mini and then the Guv'nor.

I kinda wish I had bolted rather than superglued the acrylic. OTOH, the directions tell you not place the glued pieces in boiling water...

9. j5jarod777

j5jarod777 Senior Member

You want a Phase 90?? I'll take the Pulsar off your hands.

10. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

Thank you for the offer. I'm not much of a phaser fan, I don't know why. Anyway, at present, tremelo is probably one of my most used effects, even if my use of this great pedal is limited. When I have a mini replacement in hand, I will certainly be willing to offer it for a sweet price.

11. j5jarod777

j5jarod777 Senior Member

Let me know. Now...back to the original thread.